Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZdrummer 2 upgrade from EZdrummer 1.4

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Scott

Scott – Would it not be in your best interest since EZdrummer is in a sense marketing for Toontracks to carry the banner for your customers and work with Toontracks to get them to alter their upgrade policy? Post #1994679 sounds like passing the buck which tends to add insult to injury for customers who want to find an upgrade solution and are willing to pay a little more for an upgrade.  Thorne

PS – I also emailed Toontraacks and this was their response: “Toontrack Support does not have any control over the discontinuation of the promotional upgrade option for EZdrummer 2. It was available from May 2014 through the end of 2015 and there are no current plans for reactivating the upgrade discount.”

So it seems no one wants to take accountability for a fair upgrade price. I sure am on my way out and I only just started using the demo 30 minutes ago.

• This post was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by thornev.

I’m not sure how I can provide further technical support for your issue. Pricing and upgrade policies need to be directed to Toontrack directly as, like I stated above, I’m a technical advisor and have no control over such things. “Passing the buck”? I think “directing to the proper channels” is more appropriate.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

thornev
    Participant

I tried that, Scott. See my edit in my previous post. I don’t know who you mean by “proper channels,” but it sure isn’t easy to find them or I did and they passed the buck right back to EZdrummer. Regardless, your customers are not happy. If you don’t want to address that, well, that’s an answer.

Scott

I tried that, Scott. See my edit in my previous post. I don’t know who you mean by “proper channels,” but it sure isn’t easy to find them or I did and they passed the buck right back to EZdrummer. Regardless, your customers are not happy. If you don’t want to address that, well, that’s an answer.

So, you got an official Toontrack reply. I’m not sure what more I can add. I have no more control over Toontrack’s upgrade policy than Support does. Probably less as I’m a forum mod.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

burkek
    Participant

So long as the company knows that previous customers have abandoned the company due to this inexplicable policy of no upgrade path, and it will continue to harm the company for years to come with frustrations expressed here and in other forums. I couldn’t care less what products Toontrack comes up with and tries to sell – I know what they’re like. They’ll come up with a v1 version, and abandon all purchasers with a v2 version with no upgrade path. No other company does that.

ashishkumarji
    Participant

we purchased the upgrade in 2014, Toontrackes wouldn’t have made any more than if we were allowed to upgrade today at that price. Logic escapes me on what rational was used for this decision.

Scot.Sowder
    Participant

Lame

EMILSAM VELAZQUEZ
    Participant

HOW MUCH IS THE UPGRADE TO 2

EMILSAM VELAZQUEZ
    Participant

I have a license for EZdrummer 1.4 and FROM HELL 1.4. How much will it cost to upgrade from 1.4 to 2.0?

Scott

I have a license for EZdrummer 1.4 and FROM HELL 1.4. How much will it cost to upgrade from 1.4 to 2.0?

The EZD1 to EZD2 upgrade was discontinued in December 2015. You would need to purchase the regular EZD2. I’ve seen it for $149 but there are periodic sales and specials happening from time to time.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Dave
    Participant

I was one of the early supporters of Toontrack. I bought EZ Drummer early on. I didn’t do the upgrade when it was offered. Going through a Divorce, not spending any time in the studio etc. I figured I’d upgrade when life got less complicated. Never in a million years did I think Toontrack would cut off the upgrade path. But they did. So I waited for them to remove their Craniums from their Glutes. No such luck or Love for the people who made it possible for them to exist in the first place. Today I see that Toontracks offers an upgrade from lite but not from 1? WTF people? Really? Well the beautiful thing is that there is plenty of competition out there. Guess whos getting my money now? It’s certainly NOT Toontracks and when people ask me what they should buy, I sure the hell don’t recommend anything from Toontracks. Everything they do is available from other companies and in most cases the products are better. I wouldn’t even know that except Toontracks gave me a very good reason to look to their competition for new solutions. And now I know better. At this point, knowing how the company operates, I don’t think I’d use the products if they gave them to me for free, because I know better. Its going to take a lot on their part to win any of us back. Its kinda sad really. The company had the potential to be a powerhouse, they just lacked the leadership and common sense to pull it off. I was very loyal for a very long time, Sang their praises to many people. So sorry I did. They soiled not only their reputation but mine as well. That only happens once.

EMILSAM VELAZQUEZ
    Participant

TO THE HELL WITH TOONTRACK. DELETED AND GET ANOTHER BETTER PROGRAM.

BYE TOONTRACK PIECE OF SHIIT!!!

Scott

TO THE HELL WITH TOONTRACK. DELETED AND GET ANOTHER BETTER PROGRAM.

BYE TOONTRACK PIECE OF SHIIT!!!

What is your issue?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

burkek
    Participant

It’s alarming how STUBBORN Toontrack is in providing an upgrade path for early EZ Drummer adopters. Wantingly abandoning customers is NEVER the right thing to do and only results in lost sales and public vilification. Given the inexplicable behavior of this company, I would not purchase anything from them. But, hey, it’s their business. They can do well, or do better. Their choice.

Jackzone
    Participant

I have EZDrummer 1.4. I also have EZKEYS and several expansion packs for both. I was caught unaware about the update time limit for Toontrack 2 from Toontrack 1. Because, who would expect that as a “customer Service” policy. I was unable to upgrade things in my studio for several reasons including upgrade compatibility for OS, Hardware and plugin issues. I now have a M1Max MacBook Pro with 64gigs of RAM and a 4TB SSD Drive ($5300.00) Now I am looking to upgrade everything. I have been looking at additional expansion packs and sat through several EZBass promotional videos I see that me and many others have been cut out of the Toontrack landscape with no upgrade path. I will not be buying anything at all in the future from Toontracks. It’s a shame but I may have to revert to Band-in-a-Box to sketch out my song ideas. Not my favorite software but they treat me well. Bye!

sage999
    Participant

I’m starting to feel the same about this company as the others in this forum thread.

I just bought EZ Drummer 2 on Dec 31. And now the new version comes out and I have to spend 50% more to upgrade. REALLY?

In 3 months I have to pay again to keep up? I’m barely learning the program and now to do anything beyond what I have installed, i have to spend more on the base program.

I think I wasted my money deciding to go with ToonTracks and EZD.

The FAQ about the new upgrade says “As an existing customer, you will however qualify for the generously priced upgrade.”

REALLY? $20 OFF THE $99.00 UPGRADE PRICE, IS A GENEROUSLY PRICED UPGRADE? FOR A BRAND NEW CUSTOMER?

Whoever makes these decisions in this company has no idea how to take care of their customers.

Also, there is a difference between Metal and Death/Thrash Metal. I bought the Metal Expansion with my purchase and most of the sets are NOT Metal. They are meant for Extreme Death Metal with double bass drums going at 240bpm. So unless I go through the trouble of completely altering them, it’s not usable to me in it’s current form. So another waste of money and time by being duped into the buying from the name they gave it. Thanks TT (EZD).

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.