EZD2 Time Signature

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • John

Hi,

I am not sure I follow correctly, could you please take a screen shot and explain further?
    I have e.g. 7/4 and 11/8 available on the Song Track.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Vincent Baldasaro
    Participant

Hi John, Yes, you have them there as you said but you can not change the time signatures to the song track is what I mean. If you change the “sign” to 11/8 in the time line, the midi block does not play in 11/8. Here’s Toontrack’s response to my question. Maybe this can help:

Toontrack Support (Toontrack)
    Jan 6, 7:45 AM CST

“Hi Vincent,
    Thanks for your email and interest in EZdrummer 2.The time signature at the bottom of EZdrummer 2 affects the click you hear (when activated) to ensure the Midi is in time as you are creating your own Midi. The options at the top of EZdrummer 2 Browser and Search tabs were added there by request for users of EZdrummer 1 who were used to using these buttons to quickly increase or decrease the tempo of a particular Midi file”.

What I am suggesting is the ability to click on the “time sign” at the bottom or “Tempo x1 >down arrow” at the top or better yet, either one so you can change the whole song from the bottom “sign” button or just designated midi blocks from the “Tempo x1 >down arrow” in case you want a song that changes time signatures. You already can change the time line blocks from 3/4 to 4/4 or 2/4 to 4/4 or 4/4 to 6/8 etc. from the Tempo x1 >down arrow…So why not add some of the odd time signatures to that menu? I think that would be a cool feature. Make sense?

John

Aha, I see what you mean now. That would be nifty, I think.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Vincent Baldasaro
    Participant

Yeah, all righty then! FYI: There is a 6/4 time sig in the “Drum Kit From Hell” X-pack. But how cool would it be to just click a button and go from 11/8 to 5/4 to 12/8 etc…

Carey Roberts
    Participant

Along the same lines, it would be nice if ED2 would follow whatever meter is set in the DAW. I’m working on a song written in 12/4 right now and it’s hell to pay to get something to work right with it.

Thanked by: Henrik
    Charles Batchelor
    Participant

There is more to music than, 3/4 and 4/4.

It would be nice to have, 5/4, 7/4, 6/8, 12/8, etc. such as in Jazz, Celtic, Latin and Classical.

Charles of “Higher  Call”

Charles of "Higher Call"

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.