EZ Keys Is Horrible

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Michael

Hi MrDrums,

Have you tried working with the use browser MIDI function in EZKeys? Please see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpUrQgaF5V0

This is explained around the 3 min mark.

Also, due to the intangible nature of our product (software) it can not be exchanged or returned once it has been downloaded by the user. This is explained in the terms and conditions of the webshop before you purchase.

Michael Sanfilipp - Toontrack
    Technical Marketing Coordinator

mrdrums
    Participant

Yeah, which btw, is NOT in the demo.

The problem really arises in that if you have more than 2 chords in a measure, and they happen to be needed to accent on the off beat, it’s virtually useless. And you would need
    thousands of playing styles, just to possibly find one that will fit your song. I dont know why everybody was so exciting about this, it’s extremely basic, but for 179 bucks,

It’s fine for Mary Had A little Lamb, and simple songs, but not when you got more than a few chords to play.

The INTANGIBLE nature of the product? Many companies will refund or allow an exchange even on software, such as Best Buy,
    it;s not my fault that you requre it to be authorized and registered just to use it. you do that so the person is locked into the sale.

I could potential buy a thousand dollar worth of product or more down the road, but when you stick it to me like this, I wont

Scott

If you zoom in you can change chords every 64th note if you want. You can add them on any accent on or off the beat. What problems are you having with that?

I end up making the MIDI patterns fit my song, not the other way around. I create the chord progression for my song in EZkeys. Just the basic chord changes. On beat, off beat, and syncopated changes. Then, I select say the verse chords and select the ‘Use Browser MIDI’ button and start browsing the MIDI.

AFAIK Best Buy’s return policy for computer software (boxed not download only products), movies, music or video games can only be exchanged for an identical item. Other music software retailers like Sweetwater don’t allow for returns of software (boxed or download only).

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mrdrums
    Participant

That I didnt know, but still, it’s all chords. I can sit there with a midi controller and punch in chords with one hand, and accomplish the same thing, plus I can groove it anyway I want to. What piano player do you know plays all chords to a song, and nothing else? Where is the tickling, where are the hammers, and the melodies, you know the single notes, not just chords?

Scott

‘I can sit there with a midi controller and punch in chords with one hand, and accomplish the same thing’

Well, you’re a better piano player than me then Smile I can’t play anything on piano, chords or not. EZkeys works for me. Maybe not you but for me it’s a godsend. I’ve got clients that are blown away with the piano parts that I can create with EZkeys.

What specific styles are you looking for tickling and melodies? If you’re looking to create solo piano works with melodies and such, yes, EZkeys isn’t going to do it. It will accompany most every other style. I’ve even did a blues song with the break solo done by EZkeys.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mrdrums
    Participant

The style is irrelevant, If you dont know what i mean, i kind of doubt you are making professional recordings, or even decent home recordings,
    do you have demos?

Scott

You doubt eh? Kind of a dick thing to say don’t you think?

I’m here trying to help you get the most out of EZkeys. If you don’t really want any help, you don’t have to troll here looking for a fight.

Here are a couple of demos I’ve recorded recently using EZkeys:

http://www.rainbowsounds.com/Our%20Songs/Over%20and%20Over.mp3

http://www.rainbowsounds.com/Our%20Songs/Hollow.mp3

If you want to have a real discussions about EZkeys let me know.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mrdrums
    Participant

Its a dick thing to sell me software that is not usable. I dont think im trolling, Do trolls buy products for 179 dollars? no they bash it without even buying it

Im not happy with spending this amount for something I cant use.

You demos sound pretty good, but the piano is kind of just there, helps fill in the sound, but doesnt add much to the performance

Thanks for sharing

Scott

It is a dick move to call out someone you don’t even know as unable to make professional or even decent home recordings because you are upset about not getting a refund. The tech support here on the forum do not make Toontrack’s refund policies.

The piano in those songs fill the exact roll I needed them to. To me and others that have heard them, they add greatly to the performance and I have been asked directly who played the keys on them. Folk are surprised that they are not actually ‘played’ at my studio. I have other songs that are just piano/vocal arrangements.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mrdrums
    Participant

Musicians would know

Scott

And we’re done.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

No products in the cart.