EZ Drummer 2 DEMO & GarageBAnd : I don’t see Toontrack in AU Instrument

Product Manager
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott

Are you using Mac High Sierra?

If so, as far as we know our plug-ins work well on High Sierra for all the formats: VST, AAX and AU. The only problem is garageband. The reason for this would seem to be that Apple has deliberately decided that garageband should no longer be able to use normal AUs. Garageband is now an iPhone App first and a computer program second. There may still be workarounds. You could try this one:

https://ask.audio/articles/audio-plugins-not-working-in-garageband-on-macos-10-13-high-sierra-here-s-a-fix

Still, this is a short term solution. It may be that you have to use another DAW than garageband if you want to use Toontrack products in the future.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Richard Sonrier
    Participant

Yes I’m using High Sierra
    Your solution is THE good solution. Thx

JEFF HUGHES
    Participant

@Richard Sonrier said:
    Yes I’m using High Sierra
    Your solution is THE good solution. Thx  

I am using Logic ProX (10.3.2) with High Sierra and cannot see Ezi Drummer 2 DEMO in my Audio Instruments. I checked the PlugIns Manager and Nothing from ToonTracks can be identified. The standalone app is working fully functional in DEMO Mode.

What are your thoughts? I will purchase the progrram but not if I can’t get it to work as a plug in.

Cheers

JEFF HUGHES
    Participant

I read about the work around for Garage Band users and essentially it reduce security. So I disabled my Bit Defender Antivirus security and rebooted my Mac. The Toon Track plug in loades as per usual. Ez drummer now accessible from AU instruments.
    Cheers
    Wallaby

leeSophia
    Participant

So you’ve installed some instrument plug-ins and you want to use them in the new GarageBand X, but you can’t find them. Don’t worry, if you follow the steps below, you’ll have your new plug-ins up and running in no time. Keep in mind that while we used EZDrummer in this demonstration, this applies to all AU instruments.

First, make sure you’ve created a Software Instrument track. By default, the instrument will be Classic Electric Piano.
    Next, click on the Smart Controls button.  https://garagebandonpc.com/

A window will show at the bottom of GarageBand. Click the “i” icon as pictured below to reveal more options.

You will see a section labeled Audio Units. Click on the area that says “Instruments.”

From there, you can select the manufacturer for your instrument. In this case, we have Toontrack’s EZDrummer installed, so we’ll choose that.

• This post was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by leeSophia.
    sharlenebennet
    Participant

Are your plug-ins not showing up in Garageband? Apple has strictly said “NO” to normal AUs so forget Garageband now for this. But, we have few steps that can help you but in new Garageband X only.

1. First, make sure you’ve created a Software Instrument track. By default, the instrument will be Classic Electric Piano.
    2. Next, click on the Smart Controls button.
    3. A window will show at the bottom of GarageBand. Click the “i” icon as pictured below to reveal more options.
    4. You will see a section labeled Audio Units. Click on the area that says “Instruments.”
    5. From there, you can select the manufacturer of your instrument. In this case, you have Toontrack’s EZDrummer installed, so you have to choose that.
    6. You may be asked to lower GarageBand’s security settings in order to run your plug-in. Click Lower Security Settings.
    7. Your AU instrument has been inserted.

Operating system: macOS Sierra (10.12)
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.