EZ Drum 2 Tap to Find Lag in Reaper

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Do you experience the same delay when you hit a drum in the Drums tab? The problem is latency and it’s often caused by bad sound drivers or having the buffer size set too big (although the drivers are less common to be the cause on Macs). Have you checked your sound card settings in Reaper to ensure that you are using the right sound card drivers and having a small enough buffer to have the latency to stay low?

Another frequent cause of latency is other plugins in your plugin chain. Try to remove all other plugins to eliminate them as the cause of the delay. When I, for example, use iZotope’s mastering plugins they add a delay to my sound. To solve it I master my tracks on a separate project with everything bounced to a stereo wave file.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Olof
    BEST ANSWER

Try to Record Arm the track that EZD is on. That could make a big difference.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Thanked by: Spegatron and jondub
    Les Barker
    Participant

From another reaper user, nice one Oloh!

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@RossH123 said:
    When I use Tap to Find, the action of clicking the mouse does not trigger the sample immediately causing the mapped note to not be on the click. It takes a milli second to react putting the note a little behind the beat. The note is then auto quantized out of time. So one of my most favorite and desired features in EZD doesn’t work. If I load it in Pro Tools, the feature works as expected so it appears to be in Reaper.

You’re going to want to use some type of a MIDI controller for the best performance of most virtual instruments,
    including EZDrummer and its songwriting functions. Using a mouse, clicking on the drum graphic and the software
    converting those actions to a MIDI event will inherently cause latency.

RossH123
    Participant

Thanks to Oloh! Record arming removed 100% of the lag. Working perfectly.

Ted
    Participant

Oloh for President !!! You fixed my problem :D

Vince Junior
    Participant

I have the same problem. How do I “record arm” the track when I’m in Tap 2 Find?

John

The button in question is located on the Instrument Track in Reaper where EZdrummer 2 is inserted.
    Please see the screen shot.
    Reaper_Rec

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Chris Cox
    Participant

Just to give my thanks to Olaf as well. This has been bugging me for ages.

Spegatron
    Participant

Olof you legend! Couldn’t work out why in standalone mode the Tap2Find function worked flawlessly (with ASIO4ALL driver) yet in Reaper I could go out and have a beer using the exact same ASIO settings before the hit finally registered.

Was resigned to only being able to use this awesome function outside of Reaper, so this has made my day!

Cheers

• This post was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Spegatron.

I had the same problem and Izotope Ozone on the master bus was the problem. apparently the plugin has a rather large buffer and delays the signal. bypass it and tap2find timing is dead on.

B0rz
    Participant

hello, how or where do i turn off record arm? sorry for im new to this things..

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.