Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Exporting drum samples?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John

Short answer: No

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Ilja Körrer
    Participant

Hi Paul,

you can’t export the whole Set. You can export one shot samples when  you use a DAW. The kits in the TD-50 are also multilayered to get a more realistic dynamic for your playing. If you want to play your SD3 on a live gig without using a computer, the only way I know is to use a Drumit5 for example. There is a Software which is able to convert your VST Sounds to import it to the drumit module. But . . . it will not sound 100% like your VST Drum out of the software, because it get’s played back by the module. There are lots of videos out there that show off what is possible with the drumit module and how it sounds.

I’m still waiting for Toontrack doing a cooperation like Slate did with Pearl and the MimicPro. Maybe there will be a way with the GEWA G9 . . . . the guys at GEWA recorded the sound also in Hansa Studios as far as I know. Or create a System like the old Muse Receptor, but with new up to date Hardware to handle those massive libraries.

Cheers  Ilja

John

Though I can’t speak for Toontrack, I personally doubt it.
    There was indeed a cooperation with Pearl and the Pearl R.E.D. Box ePro but as I recall it didn’t sell at all. The market for E-drummers that buy modules that can be expanded with 3rd party sounds from e.g. Toontrack is (or at least has been) very small. The R&D money for adapting/customizing the Toontrack format libraries for a specific module would not be returned.

Again, this my personal thoughts and I am just a tech advisor here.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Ilja Körrer
    Participant

That‘s why the MimicPro is selling like hell with the slate products.

I recieved mine a few days ago and just by hearing some of the sounds over my headphone makes my heart go boom!

I will let you know my experiences in a few month if you want.

Cheers, Ilja

stay healthy y’all

Patrik Brunell
    Participant

Hi John, quick question. Is it possible to export drum sound from EZD2 to Roland TD-50KV ?

Regards

Patrik Brunell

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.