Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Evil Drums and Superior 3

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • John

Hi,

Evil Drums SDX can be used with SD3, it’s just the graphics that are very generic.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

whatsisname
    Participant

ok great thanks for the info.

whatsisname
    Participant

just a follow up question on this – should evil drums load correctly when you select it from the drop down menu? I was trying it out today at college and altho it loaded you couldn’t see the kit. loading a different kit then replacing the individual drums with evil drums instruments worked fine.

John

Hi,

you should see very generic drum graphics, almost like E-drum type when loading. It works with Searching and Replacing drums as well.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

whatsisname
    Participant

searching replacing was working fine, but when you select evil drums from the main kit dropdown, it loads without error messages but nothing is visible in the kit and mixer pages, not even the generic graphics you get when you replace the individual instruments. bizarrely if you play a groove the kit plays! you just can’t see it! I’ll check that everything is updated, but I was told everything was on the latest version.

John

Well, FWIW this is what it looks like for me:
    EvilDrums
    EvilDrums2

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

whatsisname
    Participant

hmm not sure why it doesn’t go like that for me. everything is fully updated. i can create the kit manually with instrument replacement, is there any downside to doing it this way rather than it loading properly when selected from the dropdown? and does it make any difference which kit you use as a starting point for building the replacement kit? if i use the superior 3 as a starting point there’s like 10 unused mics in the mixer (i know i can hide them). perhaps its better to use something like indie folk as a starting point which has close to the correct number of mic channels of evil drums?

at this stage not sure i’m going to go ahead with the purchase its all a bit clunky.

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

What you describe is exactly what happens if you haven’t updated
    the Evil Drums SDX to the latest version.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

whatsisname
    Participant

therein lies the problem. seeing as evil drums is no longer an active product, where does one go about getting an evil drums update?! I believe you can’t update it thru the toontrack product manager?

Scott

therein lies the problem. seeing as evil drums is no longer an active product, where does one go about getting an evil drums update?! I believe you can’t update it thru the toontrack product manager?

The Evil Drums SDX should still be in your account and the update is there

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

whatsisname
    Participant

ok great. I didn’t realise that was there. I’ll check it out tomorrow. thanks for yr help.

• This post was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by whatsisname.
    Oscar Stern
    Participant

It would be great if it that product was relaunched as a Downloadable version

sebastian zetin
    Participant

Ghost drummer!!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.