Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Drumtracker Midi file timing

Other Pre-sales
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Scott

If the track was not tracked to a click, you set the tempo to in DT to 120BPM and it will keep the original timing when imported to your host.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Jeffsco
    Participant

I’ve just got my Drumtracker up and running and have not had any problems importing the Midi files into my DAW (RML Labs’ SAWStudio). I do have a problem with EZPlayer Pro. Any Midi file i create in EZPro and import into my DAW is “Quantized” to a degree. In talking with Bob lentini (SAWSTudio creator and developer) it would appear that it is a Midi Tick resolution problem. SAWStudio supports up to 960 Tick resolution. It would appear that EZPlayer pro has a much much higher resolution and it becomes an issue for any DAW that tries to import the Midi file. The problem is..you don’t need ecxeptionally high Tick resolution. I mean…at 120 BPM and 920 tick resolution the note is accurate to 1/2 a millisecond. I can’t hear that….Can you?

I’d like to see Toontracks give us the ability to alter the Midi Tick resolution in the Preferences so that we can match up our DAW’s

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.