Drum Riffs MIDI with other Plug-in

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott Eshleman
    Participant

I believe that Addictive Drums (and Steven Slate Drums) uses a different drum mapping from that used by EZDrummer and SuperiorDrummer.

As Toontrack has released their MIDI packs intending them to be used with their software (EZDrummer & SuperiorDrummer),
    (without a tool like EZ Player Pro to translate Toontrack’s mapping),
    I think that Addictive Drums will invariably play some parts of the grooves differently than originally played by Matt Halpern when they were recorded.

John

Hi,

you would need some kind of Toontrack plugin to be able to install the MIDI and AD can not translate the Toontrack MIDI when it comes to the hits outside the GM range.
    The Toontrack plugin EZplayer Pro is made for wrapping MIDI layouts to and from a range of manufacturer standards but I think that it needs an update to wrap to AD correctly now.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

backcountry
    Participant

ok, thanks!

But if i receive “normal” midi-files of the patterns/grooves with the pack, i could load them into my drum track in the sequencer, and then i could change the keys in the editor to hit the right single-samples?? Or am i totally wrong with that idea?

backcountry
    Participant

thanks john!

i watched a tutorial of EZplayer, and this program seems to be a solution for the problem.

But couldn’t i do the whole thing manually with each pattern in my sequencer (logic)? ok, this may be uncomfortable, but anyway, is it just possible?

Thanked by: BillyFreethought
    Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@backcountry said:
    But if i receive “normal” midi-files of the patterns/grooves with the pack, i could load them into my drum track in the sequencer, and then i could change the keys in the editor to hit the right single-samples?? Or am i totally wrong with that idea?

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean by ‘normal’ MIDI files.
    The Drum Riffs MIDI pack is a Toontrack product and includes ONLY Toontrack-mapped MIDI grooves.

@backcountry said:
    thanks john!
    i watched a tutorial of EZplayer, and this program seems to be a solution for the problem.
    But couldn’t i do the whole thing manually with each pattern in my sequencer (logic)? ok, this may be uncomfortable, but anyway, is it just possible?

Sure, you can do it manually in the MIDI editor of your choice. The files are not locked and in the end, it is MIDI.

But please note in John’s response that he indicates that you can’t install Toontrack MIDI packs
    without a related Toontrack product also installed
    . I saw no specific mention of that on the MIDI pack product page…
    “Works with EZdrummer, EZdrummer 2, Superior Drummer 2.0 (optimized for 1 kick, 1 snare, 2 toms, 1 floor-tom,
    2 or 3 crash cymbals, 1 china and 1 ride cymbal).
    which I took to refer to the Toontrack-specific mapping.
    As I have bought and use all of Toontrack products, this hasn’t been an issue for me.

But the ‘ReadMe’ file included with Toontrack MIDI packs notes the following too:
    “IMPORTANT: Please ensure you have a working installation of Superior Drummer or EZdrummer before following the instructions herein.
    Alternatively, a working installation of EZplayer pro driving a supported drum sampler may be used for playback of the included material.”

@John said:
    you would need some kind of Toontrack plugin to be able to install the MIDI and AD can not translate the Toontrack MIDI when it comes to the hits outside the GM range.
    The Toontrack plugin EZplayer Pro is made for wrapping MIDI layouts to and from a range of manufacturer standards but I think that it needs an update to wrap to AD correctly now.

It’d only cost you $30 to find out for sure.

backcountry
    Participant

ok, this answers my question perfectly!

THANKS everyone

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.