drag and drop midi region from Logic Pro to EZKeys

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Michael

Hi,

Some hosts do not allow this. In the hosts that do not allow this you must instead import the MIDI into EZkeys.

To do this you can click Menu > song track > Import.

Michael Sanfilipp - Toontrack
    Technical Marketing Coordinator

Clean Reals
    Participant

still need drag drop this workflow is weak

Scott

@mikeforbob said:

still need drag drop this workflow is weak

Does your DAW allow drag and drop from host to plugin? Like Michael said above, some DAWs allow drag and drop and others don’t. EZkeys allows it if the DAW can.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

John

What I do is record from Logic or Pro Tools to the EZkeys Song Track. It’s faster and cleaner.
    Set the region, click rec in EZkeys and play in your DAW -> MIDI on the Song Track.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

laghu
    Participant

It would be nice to know which DAWs can allow their midi clips to be drag-imported into EZ Keys.

Frans Schoffelen
    Participant

Well I definitely think that LOGIC allows dragging and dropping of MIDI files . It has done so since 2001 , I can drop midi files into some plugins. And I can DRAG midi out of EZKEYS , EYBASS, EZDRUMMER AND SD3 to LOGIC.. So why oh why can’t EZBAS accept a green MIDI region dragged from a LOGIC track into EZBASS? It is SUCH an inconvenience to have to EXPORT each and every midi segment FIRST, then drag and drop it from the FINDER into EZBASS. Why not just accept the MIDI- region from LOGIC. If that involves a bit of stripping metadata from the dragData then please just DO that? I’ve looked intensively at the midi data generated for a LOGIC track and apart from some headers there’s not much special. It is a complete waste of time to have to EXPORT all the time. Please fix this .

Old time customer with …MOST.. of your products.

Sir Walph
    Participant

Yeah.  I can’t believe that ToonTracks has let this issue fester for over two years now.  The product is good in so many ways, but here they are really ignoring their customers.  What’s the name of the product manager?  How do we contact them?  I think they need to step up and explain this apparent failure in professionalism.

donhajicek
    Participant

I wrote some midi chord patterns in Logic, put the playhead at the beginning, opened EZKeys and clicked the RECORD button. Then I played the midi in Logic and it recorded the midi notes in EXKeys. Clicked STOP recording, now the pattern is in EZKeys.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.