Defective Metal Foundry Discs

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • HyperBoy2519
    Participant

I have also encountered this problem, not necessarily the same .OBW file but still on TMF.

Also having the same problem with the first disc of the New York Studios Volume 2 (Allaire kit)

Davoe
    Participant

Mac 10.5.8
    2.66 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    6G RAM

Yes I can’t install either. It fails on Disk 2. I tried the 33G install the 1st time and it failed. The 2nd time I tried the extended install it failed on a different asset – see screenshots here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/367778/Misc/SLFoundryInstallError1.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/367778/Misc/SLFoundryInstallError2.jpg

I can’t find anywhere on the site to report this & get replacement disks, but I need them.

I followed the instructions I saw & repaired permissions – didn’t fix the issue.

Gary Stiltner
    Participant

Hmm… for once it wasn’t just me. Hopefully someone will chime in and lead us out of the wilderness…

Dave Modisette
    Participant

Try a different DVD drive.  I helped a friend with the same problem.  Turns out that his DVD drive wasn’t up to snuff.

Dave Modisette www.gatortraks.com www.plasticsamerica.com http://www.gatortraks.com/forum

Gary Stiltner
    Participant

Hmm… that might be a problem… only gots the one. Think I can pull all the files off the dvd onto the harddrive and try that way? I didn’t have a problem with Superior…

Thanks…

Davoe
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Dave Modisette
    Try a different DVD drive.  I helped a friend with the same problem.  Turns out that his DVD drive wasn’t up to snuff.

I was leaning towards this as well. I can’t install Komplete 5 or 6 either. I can read & write DVD’s all day long but these installer disks are pi$$ing me off. I have to buy another piece of hardware to install things.

I’d much rather download something – even 30GB or so, than deal with having to buy another DVD drive.

I don’t suppose Toontrack will actually let me download this stuff in full?

Dave Modisette
    Participant

I’d much rather download something – even 30GB or so, than deal with having to buy another DVD drive.

You say that now.  It’s time consuming.  Don’t you have a friend who may be able to offload the files to a portable hard drive?

Dave Modisette www.gatortraks.com www.plasticsamerica.com http://www.gatortraks.com/forum

Davoe
    Participant

I say it now, because I deal with extremely large files routinely over the net. 30G I could have in my hands faster than having a friend bring a drive over, but that’s what I’ll have to do because I don’t have any other choice.

HyperBoy2519
    Participant

Just tried to do the copy/paste ona Macbook…no dice…i think i got bad box…both Allaire and TMF

kurrykid
    Participant

I had the problem installing Metal Foundry as well. However, I pulled the disk out, wiped it off, put it back in, and it worked.

Must be something up with the production of disks.

Dave

Dave

Loyd981
    Participant

Hey Everyone:

I am have the same problem with the second disc file soundb6.obw. Did anyone find a fix?

Thanks
    Loyd981

rictus
    Participant

I did as kurrykid, it hung on disk 3 and I just ejected it which threw up an error, but it asked if I wanted to try again. So I wiped the disk off good and put it back in and hit yes. It took awhile to take off again but it finally did.

jim_k
    Participant

Well, this doesn’t sound too promising. I have both NY and METAL coming from Santa!

Jim

Keeper of the Shrine The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI www.lldom.blogspot.com

Dingo
    Participant

All my computers couldnt read files 6. 12. 16 & 18.

Try this :

[*]Run the installer and install the Basic set up (only uses 1 disc)[*]Once it’s finnished manualy drag and drop each soundb.obw file from every CD into TMFs sounds folder where obw. files are found.[*]The files that are corrupt will NOT copy at all.[*]Email Rogue or one of the Tecs and they might be nice enough to let you download the missing files off your account.[*]If not they’ll send you new discs 🙂

Regards, Marcus.

Davoe
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Loyd981
    I am have the same problem with the second disc file soundb6.obw. Did anyone find a fix?

My fix was to borrow a USB DVD Drive and install from there. I successfully installed the full 33G of MF. My internal DVD drive just couldn’t do it for whatever reason. I had the same experience with Komplete 5 & 6, which I’m about to try again with this external DVD drive.

I have to say the QC on installer disks lately is questionable. I have no issues reading or writing DVD’s any other time, but I’ve had major issues with the 3 most recent products (only 1 of which is Toontrack I should add – but maybe they’re using the same manufacturer?). Most installers I get these days are downloadable disk images. I realize that’s a lot to expect for something this size, and a lot of bandwidth for Toontrack to pay for. I’d still say as a user, it’d be a nice option, even for the very large size.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.