Crazy and oldfashioned authorization system etc.

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • bluemorpho
    Participant

I really prefer iLok/dongle style authorization. I have 3 computers which I frequently switch between, depending on my location and I also frequently work on projects in studios other than my own. It creates a major problem for me to be limited to two installations at one time. I understand the dilemma regarding dongles/vs password authorization and, having witnessed the evolution toward dongles on many of the companies products I use, have heard the same concerns voiced. Most companies, at least in the beginning, before shifting to iLok, offered both types which surely made things more complicated for the companies design teams but better for their customers. As far as I can recall, nearly all or them eventually evolved to dongles and, after making the change, I seldom hear complaints on the discussion boards regarding their decision to go to dongle authorization. It’s just my 2 cents, but I really prefer carrying my authorization with me anywhere I go, on any computer that I’m using, after installing the software… Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I earn my living from music, travel often and work in different studios.

Len Greene

Yanni Kioupouroglou
    Participant

I would also back the idea of Ilok or a USB dongle, I have been running Cubase for donkey years now and I find I can move from PC to PC with ease.
    The online authorisation is a pain especially when you have to re-authorise the software when e.g. you add a new processor on a multi core PC!

I don't work hard, I work as much as the project requires!

Richard
    Participant

Hi out there. I’m the proud owner of my first laptop in more than 10 years and it’s a MacBookPro running Lion 10.7. Are there any complications with this system or should I feel free to install? I’ve discovered that Apple decided to hide the user library but using terminal I’m able to still see it and access it if trouble arises.

All the best to you. SD has made me a very happy composer since I signed on these past two years. Congratulations on all the hard work (Sampling and programming) you really have a very strong product. I’ve been working with samplers on major films designing and sampling since the mid 80’s and I definitely know quality when I hear it.

Best, Richard Martinez

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.