Consolidation in the mixer

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • olliepudge
    Participant

@Henrik said:
    Are you using multiple outputs, or stereo?  

@Henrik said:
    Are you using multiple outputs, or stereo?  

Stereo

olliepudge
    Participant

@Brad said:

By routing all the snare outputs to the bus and manipulating the bus fader the OP should be able to manage all the close snare mics with the bus fader. The only reason I mentioned using macros was in addition to the close mics, there could be several bleed sources that wouldn’t be manipulated by using the bus fader AND I think macros are very cool and powerful. However, perhaps I was just over complicating things.  

@Brad said:

By routing all the snare outputs to the bus and manipulating the bus fader the OP should be able to manage all the close snare mics with the bus fader. The only reason I mentioned using macros was in addition to the close mics, there could be several bleed sources that wouldn’t be manipulated by using the bus fader AND I think macros are very cool and powerful. However, perhaps I was just over complicating things.  

Yeah I hear ya on the extra bleed Brad. Maybe I could route all room mic outputs to a bus and control those separately? Thanks for the feedback.

juan Acuña
    Participant

Hi Henrik!

I know this is an old thread and I don’t know if this has been resolved but I think that what olliepudge meant is that when you bind two or more faders to one macro control and you try automating said macro the volume of all faders bound gets matched to whichever whichever fader was bound first. I’m running into this issue as well, Im running SD3 on stereo and trying to automate my kick which is going into two different buses one for the “natural kick” and one for the triggers they’re both bound to macro 1 and when I try automating that macro the volume for the trigger bus gets matched to whichever level the kick bus is set to.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.