Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Choosing the strings being used?

EZbass Pre-sales
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Scott

No. String selection programming is not a feature of EZBass.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Boogerfingerz
    Participant

Wait, what? You can’t be serious! That is one of the most basic features of every virtual bass on the market. How is anyone okay with this??

Thanked by: Marcin
    Scott

Wait, what? You can’t be serious! That is one of the most basic features of every virtual bass on the market. How is anyone okay with this??

Not sure what to say other than many users are using EZbass and have no issues with that lacking feature.

And, like you say, it’s offered in other bass VSTis so everyone can pick a virtual bass instrument that fits their needs.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Stéphane Larocque
    Participant

You’re totally right. It’s because Toontrack decided to sample (for a 5 strings bass) only around 39 frets instead of 105 to get all the possible variation in the sound. 🙁

Thanked by: sumskilz
    sumskilz
    Participant

You’re totally right. It’s because Toontrack decided to sample (for a 5 strings bass) only around 39 frets instead of 105 to get all the possible variation in the sound. 🙁

Yeah, this bothers me. I haven’t bought any EBX expansions so far because of this (and the fact that they haven’t sampled a vintage bass with flatwounds), but a more deeply sampled bass from Toontrack would be an instant buy for me.

Mac McCormick
    Participant

Same here. I was flabbergasted that there was no forced string option. Some of the EBX’s do sound really good and I would love to have them but I have not purchased any because of this. And even saying that, I was still REALLY excited about the Rickenbacker EBX. Then, they go and decide not to implement “Rick ‘O Sound” which made me bypass that one as well.

Cubase Pro, Korg Kronos, M-50, Hammond XK-1c, Toontrack SD3, EZBass w/lots of expansions, many VSL Vi's, Shreddage 3 everything, and shit-tons of FX plugins.

Martin
    Participant

No. String selection programming is not a feature of EZBass.

Does that mean any one note is only sampled on one string and nothing on frets 5+ for the lower strings?

hello flagle

I’m bothered by this, yes. I haven’t bought any EBX expansions yet because of this (and because they haven’t sampled a vintage bass with flatwounds), but if Toontrack made a bass with better samples, I’d buy it right away.

Thanked by: sumskilz
    Mac McCormick
    Participant

Maybe we need to wait for Superior Bass! 😉

Cubase Pro, Korg Kronos, M-50, Hammond XK-1c, Toontrack SD3, EZBass w/lots of expansions, many VSL Vi's, Shreddage 3 everything, and shit-tons of FX plugins.

Thanked by: Marcin and sumskilz
    kyakru38
    Blocked (Banned)

Pretty much, It’s all up to personal preference. I’ve been through a few brands but settled nicely with Ernie Ball Coated because they just felt right for me.

Marcin
    Participant

Please tell me you wrote that on the 1st of April… I gave up MODO Bass (which also obviously has ALL the notes) to start using EZbass, and I have some projects I will be working on that require notes played on upper frets 🙁

Toontrack, please start recording all new EBX expansions with ALL the notes and allow the choice of strings…

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.