Can you bounce midi to audio without midi drift?

Other Pre-sales
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Petter

Hi,

You can export audio from Superior Drummer 3 to separate audio files and keep it synced to your DAW even with tempo changes if you use a tempo map. When you are exporting, make sure to turn Follow Host off and instead import the tempo map from a MIDI file that you exported from your DAW.

Note that the MIDI needs to be in the Superior Drummer 3 Song track for that to work. There are other ways of recording SD3 in your DAW so that each channel gets printed to an audio track if you are only editing MIDI in your DAW and not using the song track or grid editor inside SD3. How that is done and if that is possible depends on the DAW that you are using.

Petter Adsten - Toontrack
    Support & Betatesting

Thanked by: Scott Eshleman and Jojo Danger
    Mark Styles
    Participant

I’ve been using SD3 with Logic Pro X for quite a few years.  I have SD3 sync to Logic and audition different drum parts, I directly drag the midi loops from SD3 into Logic Superior Drum track.   I drag in all loops I might possibly use.  I also drag in several fills from different styles, intros, endings, etc. In Logic I color each midi region – all drum intros are red, all verses are blue, fills are yellow etc. Then I string them together in the order I like, cut and paste in Logic. ETC.

You can use SD3 midi drum loops from different styles, then go back to the DAW midi drum track, and copy-paste different parts, like Hi-hat or Kick so that a different style is more consistent with the primary beat you’ve established.

This method works great for me, I much prefer to string midi together in the Logic rather than on Superior Drums 3 track. Especially on long song projects with 100-200 measures.

Just make sure your DAW allows you to drag in midi regions (I think all DAWs would have that feature by now).  It’s all in perfect sync.

• This post was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mark Styles.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.