Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Added a Hi Hat sample

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • John

Hi,

regarding the Ride, you can limit the voices in the Voice and Layer Property box. You can also play with the Smoothing property, I guess.

How did you add your own HH samples; have you set up new Instruments or are you Stacking/Replacing?
    I haven’t tried it myself but I guess you would need to Stack on the separate articulations to get the opening and closing to work.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Tele' O'Neil
    Participant

Hi John
    Thanks for your help.
    I’ve created a stack & simply turned down the hi hats that the Pearl kit uses.
    Now when I play an open Hi Hat the closed Hi Hat doesn’t turn off the open HH sound.
    I’m not clear on where to set this up?

Thanks
    Vic

hihat1.jpg

hihat2.jpg

hihat3.jpg

Tri-Net Media

Henrik
    Participant

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to make custom samples mute other custom samples – only the factory instruments can do those “mute group” actions.
    We have gotten some requests on improving custom building of instruments, so I’ll take this as a feature request!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Thanked by: markusveralius
    Andy Newson
    Participant

Hi there, I saw this and wondered if there has been an update yet, I am looking to use my own hi hat and cymbal samples,  Currently I have stacked the hi hat but the open hi hat sustains rather than mute to go back to a tight hi hat.

Thanks

Henrik
    Participant

This hasn’t been addressed yet!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

aky_1
    Participant

Is it possible now? or will be someday?

Hi-hat sounds are most important for my drum.

So, I really wish that it will be done.

Thanked by: Brick Fist Pow
    markusveralius
    Participant

It would be great if SD3 streamlines the use of custom samples/kits to work well with e-drums, especially if it wants to achieve the claim of being the most complete drum software there is. Currently, it’s faster, easier and more flexible to create a custom sample-built kit in Ableton Live Lite within a drum rack. However, I would prefer to use SD3 alone.

Things like cymbal choking, hi hat articulations (closed and open hi-hats at a minimum) I expected to be much easier. It’s seems that the only way currently is the hack-y workaround method shown by Vic in the post above with the images. That is, stacking articulations and then turning down the SD3 sample volume to zero. John also helpfully showed how to emulate choking by changing the number of channels to one, but again this is just a workaround, and makes the workflow awkward.

It’s a shame the stock electronic hi-hat graphic only supports a single hit, for example. It makes using custom sounds or building electronic-style kits a real hassle.

If it can be done, why make it difficult and finicky for the user?

Thanked by: Brick Fist Pow
    Brick Fist Pow
    Participant

I’m having the same issue with my Linndrum HH open/close not muting the open hat. I need this!!! I want to use Toontrack midi with my samples.

Andy Newson
    Participant

Any news Tootrack?  This thread has been going on for a good few years now and no solution.  Surely it’s a programming job – articulation A turns off articulation B for example.  Considering the cost of SD3 this is an easy task to sort out.  There has been plenty of time given as a consumer for this to be rectified.  Is there a way around this yet that works properly for open hi hat closing and the sound not continuing to accept closed hi hat?

John

Hi,

there is no User implementation of “Mute Groups” but you can enable the ‘Envelope and Offset’ for the Open sound and set the Release to be Triggered by Note Off (adjust Release Time to taste).
    If you are using the Grid Editor, you Enable the ‘Show Note Length’ for that Row and set the length for as long it should sound.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.