add percussion

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • nigel smith
    Participant

thats the original ez 1 sounds better its the ez 2 thats chained up in some horrible multi path fx and dull

John

Hi,

which version number is displayed in the plugin interface? Could you please post a screen shot?
    I tried to reproduce your copy/paste issue but didn’t see I could. Are you using the Percussion Pads with Edit Play?
    Or is it specific MIDI from a particular groove?
    Can you please post a screen shot of the 32bit warning?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

nigel smith
    Participant

just tried again and it seems to work ok but i definitely hit this problem 3 days ago . ghost in the machine maybe ?see screen shots of 32 bit warning

John

Hi,

I see no screen shot image attached. Please try again.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

nigel smith
    Participant

screen shotsScreen-Shot-2015-05-13-at-17.49.35.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-13-at-17.58.45.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-13-at-17.58.58.png

John

Hi,

please delete the Audio Unit Cache as described here:
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/ezdrummer-no-longer-works-with-logic/

Then, in the Finder, go to ‘{MacHD}/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/’ and delete the ‘EZdrummer.component’.

Re-download and install the 2.1.1 update for EZdrummer 2.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

nigel smith
    Participant

john done all that has cured blinking screen / black bars over and above timeline / midi input has changed now clocks the new track i.e. 2 tracks 2 midi chanels in garage band and logic 9. fingers crossed yet still getting this warning sign when running 2 ez tracks together but the track keeps going see screenshot thinking back re the original problem i was adding your 4 beat percussion loops into a ghost pattern and these are 8 beat loops maybe this was the problem . i thought it would cover the bar loop automatically but it doesn’t . many thanks Screen-Shot-2015-05-15-at-19.32.43.png

Scott

Doesn’t using a 32-bit DAW limit the RAM max to 4GB? I know it does on Windows but I’m not sure on Mac.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

nigel smith
    Participant

i am asking you /don’t ask me tried the latest gb update with the add on logic x extras deleted it / designed for tablet /went back to the last gb version so i work in gb 11 6 5
    plus the last update and logic 9

i have just done an a b refferece test with the kits and ez 1 original mix kits piss all over the add on kits re volume and clarity . there is surely a final gate issue here with the ez 2 kits . that is if i want to go to an ez 1 project and replace it with all fancy ez 2 sounds i will have to reimport the midi into the play style editor re edit and post back to the track /thats not easy . its like your new default is minus 4db try it on your own tracks and you will hear it

Scott

My question wasn’t asked to you in particular, although I had no idea you wouldn’t know the answer. More of a question to John or other users that use 32-bit garageband. I use neither but had similar memory issues in my old 32-bit DAW.

I have a question for you though regarding the objective sound issue yoy have wirh the EZD2 kits. Why aren’t you using the EZD 1 kit (Pop/Rock) in Ezd2?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

John

Hi,

then it seems like you are running Garageband in 32-bit mode, which does indeed limit the RAM it can use to somewhere around 3GB.
    Please locate the Garageband application in the Finder and select it. Then press Cmd+I to open up the Info window. Uncheck the ‘Run in 32-bit mode’ (don’t remember what it reads exactly but something like that).

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

nigel smith
    Participant

you get 3 options good 16 bit better 24 bit with 16 bit export and best 24 bit plus 24 bit export . there is no 32 bit option .
    john its gb/preferences/advanced theres your option to switch between the 3
    re scott iam using the original kit in ez 2 it sounds like the original now but it certainly did not when originally tried a year ago

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@John said:

Hi,

then it seems like you are running Garageband in 32-bit mode, which does indeed limit the RAM it can use to somewhere around 3GB.
    Please locate the Garageband application in the Finder and select it. Then press Cmd+I to open up the Info window. Uncheck the ‘Run in 32-bit mode’ (don’t remember what it reads exactly but something like that).

Please check out this article.
    https://support.alienskin.com/hc/en-us/articles/200144285-Opening-a-Mac-application-in-32bit-mode

John is referring to doing the opposite (or undoing) what is described in the article.
    It will allow the program (GarageBand) to run in 64-bit mode and make all of your installed RAM accessible to the program.

nigel smith
    Participant

there is no option as you describe in get info panel only in preferences then your options are as i have described. previously gb 605 is a 24 bit prog the warning message coming up is from toontrack saying i am running a 32 bit version of ez drummer my logic 9 is a 32 bit prog with the option to knock it down to 24 bit . see screen shot the prog seems to work you just have to keep defeating the error message . its very annoying as there are some great features like the open high hat options that let you replicate a slosh and make it swing too .this is great breakthrough over ez 1 yet you theres no mention of it in your demos . Screen-Shot-2015-05-17-at-17.38.24.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-17-at-17.40.06.png

nigel smith
    Participant

see screenshots Screen-Shot-2015-05-17-at-18.17.24.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-17-at-18.15.34.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-17-at-18.15.44.png

Screen-Shot-2015-05-17-at-18.15.55.png

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.