A few suggestions to make an awesome software even better

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • John

@fbeauvaisc said:

4- Easier or at least more accessible learn fonction for mapping. Don’t hide the drums when opening mapping window. Mapping windows should be in a separate movable tab to get it out of the way or directly in the Drums Tab. When we use the learn fonction, we’re sitting at the drums with sticks in our hands. Make it easier and let us see the drum pieces. The learn function was better in SD2. ( Lean fonction bug, not working properly and needs to be fixed )

But you can already, you do not need to go into the E-drums Settings window, just make sure you see the right MIDI Mapping Properties boxes.

BR,
    JohnMIDI_Mapping-Properties.png

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

François Beauvais
    Participant

Yes that is all good but I’m talking about the “learn” button. It was right there and big in Superior Drummer 2 and now it’s super tiny under a sub-menu next to the “center” hit in your screen shot. It takes at least one more click to activate it and it’s too small. Like I said, the learn fonction is used when we’re sitting at the drums, often not in a confortable position to do precise mouse work while holding sticks. Not to say that as of now, it’s not even working. I could make a video but right now when I hit learn and hit my pads, it receives the wrong midi signals. When I look at the much appreciated midi monitor that the plugin includes, the signal sent is fine and accurate but the learn function distorts it somehow. Ends up I have to put it in manually but even then, the bug that I can’t save it as a user map preset makes all this very frustrating and useless. I just abandoned the idea until you guys fix this.

My other comment was that when in the advanced midi mapping tab, the tab is hiding the drums and cannot be moved.

François Beauvais Windows 10 RME Fireface UFX Cubase 9.0.30 Superior Drummer 3 TD-30 Kit TD-9 Brain
    www.francoisbeauvais.com

Henrik
    Participant

@fbeauvaisc said:
    6- Better synchronization between song creator’s cursor and DAW cursor. As of now, not working well with Cubase 9.0.30.

Can you explain this problem more in detail?
    Is it that the grooves in Song Creator is out of sync with Cubase? Or only visually?

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

François Beauvais
    Participant

It is visually. Sorry if my sentence was misleading. It plays in sync in deed. What i don’t like is that when I move one cursor, the other should follow. The should be moving together in total sync.They do so on playback but not when moving around and editing the fact that one can be on bar 3 and the other on bar 82 feels a bit distracting and clumsy.That’s why I mentioned ReWire. When Using ReWire with Cubase and Ableton Live or Cubase and Sibelius, I get total synchronicity with the cursors. I’m just used to that and would like SD3 to behave like that as well. Hopefully it will in an up cumming update.

Thanks,

François Beauvais Windows 10 RME Fireface UFX Cubase 9.0.30 Superior Drummer 3 TD-30 Kit TD-9 Brain
    www.francoisbeauvais.com

Henrik
    Participant

Oh ok, so it’s the Song Track. Song Creator is actually just the thing that pops up above the Song Track when you click that button – but it’s not so easy for you guys to keep track of all the namings 🙂

We have fixed the issue where the play head didn’t follow the hosts when you just moved it (without playing). It will be released in a coming update.

Toontrack

François Beauvais
    Participant

Great! Glad to hear that!

www.francoisbeauvais.com

François Beauvais
    Participant

@Henrik said:
    We have fixed the issue where the play head didn’t follow the hosts when you just moved it (without playing). It will be released in a coming update.  

Will the loop points also reflect the DAW’s and vice versa? (also a ReWire thing)

Thanks,

www.francoisbeauvais.com

Henrik
    Participant

@fbeauvaisc said:
    Will the loop points also reflect the DAW’s and vice versa? (also a ReWire thing)
    Thanks,  

No, that is another thing that the DAW doesn’t share with the plugins (Superior Drummer 3 for example). Vice versa, the DAW doesn’t listen to what loop points plugins are using.

Unfortunately – due to (many different) reasons – a ReWire version is not planned at this stage.

Toontrack

douglas
    Participant

Is there any hope for ReWire any time soon?

abstraktron
    Participant

I too would like the ability to have superior drummer’s timeline sync with ableton’s when I click on SD’s timeline. Rewire works for other vst (waves tune etc) in this manner. (your solve doesn’t have to be rewire)

My current work around is to always keep into view ableton’s timeline top where is shows the numeric measures, then eyeball what measure I am working with in SD, click on ableton to play. I’d get over my annoyance except…. waves tune is $40 and has this solved. I’ve spent well over $500 on SD and EzBass, yet….I’m sure you’ll get around to it.

Syncing timelines both way’s is pretty much industry standard in other products. I welcome toontrack’s integration of it.

Magical Dog
    Blocked (Banned)

Is there any hope for ReWire any time soon?

There’s absolutely no point in suggest anything for Toontrack !

They simply don’t give a shit !

No SD4 for me !

"If you can make it 100%, why not do it !"
    -Buddy Rich

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.