2 midi controllers in SD3?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Superior Drummer 3 can listen to multiple MIDI controllers at the same time. If you for example have your TouchOSC sending MIDI note 36, that would play the kick, and the traditional MIDI controller sends 38, you can play the snare with that. So in this basic way its possible.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Derek
    Participant

Hello.
    forgive me bumping this post..

I want to use 2 Alesis I/O Trigger boxes with SD3. will it recognize them separately as long as I do not overlap MIDI assignment #’s?

This would give me 20 TRS/Stereo inputs to use for my A2E Kit.
    I hope this will work. Thanks!

John

Hi,

if they can coexist as separate interfaces, or be daisy-chained, with no overlapping note triggers sent to SD3 it should work.
    You will of course have to modify one of the Presets in the MIDI In/E-drums window to suit your setup.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Derek
    Participant

Thank you for that info!
    Unfortunately no daisy chaining due to only MIDI out; no Ins or throughs, also one’s an Alesis I/O, the other a DDRUM DDTI same thing, different cases, brands etc.

I should be able to map every note in the I/O’s so that I can have one interface for one set, the other a different set. but it will trigger both interfaces simultaneously I would hope

thanks for your time!

DF

swhcna
    Participant

What controller is recommended for EZ2?

John

Hi swhcna,

just about any MIDI controller will do for most basic operations. If you want to have more control, you need a MIDI controller that can send CC1/CC4 for pedal movement and AfterTouch for choking. Next step would be positional sensing.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Louis Loria
    Participant

I want to disable input from one of my controllers (Icon Platform M+) if I move a fader it triggers a cymbal. Obviously, this is not good. How can I set up Superior Drummer 3 to only receive input from a specific controller while being used as a plugin inside of a daw like Ableton for example?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.