The Vintage Rock EZX is based around one of the world’s most classic, timeless and famed drum kits, the legendary Ludwig Keystone. Starting in the mid 1960s, this classic and forever timeless set of drums was immortalized by a long string of influential artists and drummers like The Beatles’ Ringo Starr and John Bonham of Led Zeppelin.
It was recorded in London’s noted 2 Khz Studio by engineer Peter Henderson and drummer Chris Whitten. Peter started his career training exclusively with legend Geoff Emerick (The Beatles), worked alongside producer Sir George Martin for numerous sessions, went on to record multiple million-selling albums and won a Grammy for Supertramp’s “Breakfast in America”. Chris Whitten is an acclaimed drummer that has recorded and toured with some of the biggest artists of all time, such as Dire Straits and Paul MacCartney.
Aside from the main kit, that was sampled with both sticks and brushes, the Vintage Rock EZX includes an additional Ludwig Black Beauty and Slingerland Radio King snare as well as a number of extra cymbals. The included MIDI was performed by drummer Morgan Ågren.
• A classic Ludwig Keystone kit with additional instrument choices
• Recorded by Peter Henderson (Supertramp, Paul McCartney) and Chris Whitten (Dire Straits, The Waterboys)
• Recorded at 2 Khz Studio, London, England
• Includes samples recorded with both sticks and brushes
• MIDI library included
• Ludwig Keystone (1960s) 14×24″ (felt and plastic beater)
• Black Beauty 20s 5×14″ (sticks & brushes)
• Ludwig B/O Supraphonic (1970s) 6,5×14″ (sticks & brushes)
• Ludwig B/O Supraphonic Low Tuning 6,5×14″ (sticks)
• Slingerland Radioking 1940s 7×14″ (sticks)
• Racktom, Ludwig Keystone (1960s) 9×13″ (sticks & brushes)
• Floortom, Ludwig Keystone (1960s) 16×16″ (sticks & brushes)
• 13″ K Zildjian Istanbul (1960s) (sticks)
• 15″ Paiste Formula 602 Medium (sticks & brushes)
Cymbals position 1:
• 17″ Zildjian Dark Crash (sticks & brushes)
• 18″ Paiste Signature Fast Crash (sticks & brushes)
• 16″ Paiste Signature Fast Crash (sticks & brushes)
Cymbals position 2:
• 17″ K Zildjian Dark Crash (sticks & brushes)
• 22″ Zildjian Swish Knocker (sticks & brushes)
• 17″ Paiste Signature Fast Crash (sticks & brushes)
• 22″ A Zildjian Ride (1950s) (sticks & brushes)
• 20″ K Zildjian Heavy Ride (sticks & brushes)
1 GB of free hard disk space, 1 GB RAM.
A working EZdrummer 1.4 or a Superior Drummer 2.3 (or above) installation.