What’s your main guitar?
– Ibanez RG8420
What amp and cab combo would you say is your go-to?
– Laney Ironheart + matching 2×12, if I can I add a Laney Lionheart and seitch between them.
A quick rundown of your pedals and outboard, in the studio and live?
– Depending on the situation I go back and forth between AxeFX 2, Atomic Amplifire, Ibanez and Wampler Pedals, Two Notes Torpedo Cab, etc.
– IQS 10-46 Nickel Plated on all electrics, acoustics still undecided between 11s and 12s depending on the guitar.
Pick of choice?
– Red Jazz III 95% of the time, the rest of the time I use wither an Dunlop Ultrx Jazz III, Dunlop Stubby III or as of recent a Gravity Picks Sunrise Big Mini
When recording, what’s your DAW of choice?
– Sonar Producer Ed., been using Sonar since I was 16.
If you had to stick to one guitar for the rest of your life, what would it be and would it have 6, 7, 8 – or 9 strings?
– That would either have to be a 6-string with 2 humbuckers and 24 frets or a 6-string with 2 humbuckers and a single coil, 22 frets. Both with a trem. Not a bit extended range guy except for the odd use of a 7-string.
If you had to describe your style, what would you say…and in what overall genre would you place yourself?
– I guess it sits somewhere between Rock/Metal and Jazz/Fusion. I try to not shy away from any style of guitar or music, though.
If you could pick only one track to jam to for the rest of time, what would it be?
– Blue in Green – Miles Davis/Bill Evans
Name five players that helped shape you as a guitarist!
– Steve Morse, Pat Metheny, John Petrucci, Mike Stern, Steve Lukather and tons of others!
Who’s the most interesting player today?
– There’s no such thing as “THE” most interesting 🙂 Since the word “today” kind of suggests a younger generation player I’ll go with my friend and colleague Tom Quayle, who is highly innovative as a player and also world-class as an instructor. I’ve also been on a massive Josh Smith kick as of recent, who couldn’t be any different from Tom but equally amazing. Toontrack has made a great choice picking both these talents out 😉