Standalone SDX

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Spanks
    Participant

I’m still new to the software, but I believe that the expansion packs for SD just add sound libraries and additional presets. It’s the base SD software that has the engine to run it all, and that’s what you’re paying for. It just happens to come with a complementary library of raw hits.

So if they were to make the SDX’s stand-alone, they would have to package the core software with them. In other words, you’ll have to buy the core software regardless.

That’s what I think the situation is, but I don’t know. It’d be neat if it was done like the EZKeys line where you get the software with whichever expansion you initially get, unless the core SD library is somehow bound to the functionality of SD itself.

This is why I stick to the EZ line. It’s easy. XD

Elvis Hodzic
    Participant

any more thoughts?

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@Elvis said:
    any more thoughts?  

Sure. I suppose that your suggested business model until recently, when Toontrack went to download-only product delivery,
    would have meant a lot of variant boxed products. Expansions with software. Expansions without software. …for each SDX & EZX.

Question for you; what would be your price point for the SuperiorDrummer3 software & a user-selected library package?

Elvis Hodzic
    Participant

@Spanks said:
    I’m still new to the software, but I believe that the expansion packs for SD just add sound libraries and additional presets. It’s the base SD software that has the engine to run it all, and that’s what you’re paying for. It just happens to come with a complementary library of raw hits.

So if they were to make the SDX’s stand-alone, they would have to package the core software with them. In other words, you’ll have to buy the core software regardless.

That’s what I think the situation is, but I don’t know. It’d be neat if it was done like the EZKeys line where you get the software with whichever expansion you initially get, unless the core SD library is somehow bound to the functionality of SD itself.

This is why I stick to the EZ line. It’s easy. XD  

The EZ line is easy indeed but IMHO way too limited if you are having more “professional” ambitions.

As for SD3, we are paying for the program/sampler but we are also paying for the core library and that’s
    not really ideal as the core library is indeed not everybodys cup of tea.

I’d either suggest a model where you can buy expansions which include the sampler (with a higher price point of course)
    or being able to buy the sampler/program without the core library, with a reduced price.

Elvis Hodzic
    Participant

@Scott E said:

Sure. I suppose that your suggested business model until recently, when Toontrack went to download-only product delivery,
    would have meant a lot of variant boxed products. Expansions with software. Expansions without software. …for each SDX & EZX.

Question for you; what would be your price point for the SuperiorDrummer3 software & a user-selected library package?  

Yeah, this would be a complete nightmare with boxed versions but as we are heading for a completely digital distribution, it should not be a problem at all.

Regarding pricing i would see the core library as an SDX, means i would subtract the price of an SDX from the original SD3 price.
    Basically you would end up paying the same amount of money as if you would buy SD3 but you would not be forced to pay for the core library,
    you could use an expansion instead.

When you have once purchased the SDX+sampler you could contiunue buying and using expansions just as you would regularly with SD3.

This would simply give a bit more flexibility for the users

Elvis Hodzic
    Participant

Confused

Elvis Hodzic
    Participant

hmm…

Scott

Thanks for the discussion and ideas. Toontrack doesn’t comment on future development or business models.They do make note of feedback and requests and your feedback has been noted.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Elvis Hodzic
    Participant

ok, thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.