SDX vs EZX Companion / Base Libraries?

Superior Drummer 2 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

There is no specific list but with a bit of checking under the surface you can suss it out, i think you got most of them.
    Indiependant has an ezx companion too.
    Progressive Foundry obviously has its cut down version.
    I liked it when they released them together and made it clear rather than run under the radar and
    a year later pops the SDX version with no specific info (until we all made a noise about it)Kiss

Michael
    Participant

Ok, thanks… Anyone want to help build that list here, with others able to contribute &/or disagree? Maybe have this particular post the link given in the future when a similar situation comes up? Also, maybe there is one no one is remembering off the top of their head … I’ll try to start, but this is only from what I’ve READ, not personal experience:

juicy, I saw “Indiependent SDX” but not a EZX version, did I just miss it?

• Vintage Rock EZX < Custom & Vintage SDX
    • Pop/Rock EZX < NY Avatar (library that ships with S2)
    • Jazz EZX < Roots SDX
    • Nashville EZX < Music City SDX
    • Rock Solid EZX < The Warehouse SDX
    • Metalheads EZX < Metal Foundry SDX
    • Jazz EZX (below) < Jazz SDX
    • EZdrummer < S2 Avatar
    • Progressive EZX < Progressive Foundry SDX

Michael
    Participant

As I said, I’m just re-posting what I’ve already seen in different places, but something just caught my eye…
    • Jazz EZX < Roots SDX
    • Jazz EZX < Jazz SDX They were both written by “Admin Scott”, so not sure what’t up with this…

shawn Kellerman
    Participant

I demoed ezdrummer and was quite impressed but superior drummer seems even better
    Does anyone know if superior drummer has the option of making a groove loop simple or busy like ezdrummer does?
    I have looked for hours on the YouTube tutorials and can’t seem to find the answer
    Thanks for the help

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@Shawn_21 said:
    I demoed ezdrummer and was quite impressed but superior drummer seems even better
    Does anyone know if superior drummer has the option of making a groove loop simple or busy like ezdrummer does?
    I have looked for hours on the YouTube tutorials and can’t seem to find the answer
    Thanks for the help  

If you are referring to the [Edit Play Style] means of making a groove loop simple or busy in EZDrummer2,
    SuperiorDrummer2 does not currently have this functionality.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    MAC OS Sierra / MBP '12 Retina Quad i7 2.7 Ghz, 16GB RAM, 750 SSD (internal), 2TB SSD (external),
    SuperiorDrummer3 & SD2.4 w/11+ SDX (on external SSDs) EZD, EZD2 w/32+ EZX
    EZKeys: Grand, Upright, Electrics, EZMix2: presets! Beatstation
    ProTools 2018, Harrison Mixbus32C v4 & v5, Logic Pro X, Studio One Pro, Cubase

igniemasli
    Participant

Along the same lines, does anyone know if the Big Rock Drums EZX or the Seventies Rock EZX are available in expanded version as an SDX pack? Or, if not, are there any plans to do so? Thanks!

John

Big Rock Drums EZX and the Seventies Rock EZX do not have any big brother SDX:s, which they are derived from.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Michael
    Participant

Just an update:

• Jazz EZX < Roots SDX
    • Jazz EZX < Jazz SDX
    • EZdrummer < S2 Avatar
    • Progressive EZX < Progressive Foundry SDX • Big Rock Drums EZX = No SDX Equivalent
    • Seventies Rock EZX = No SDX Equivalent

rayandexter1
    Participant

Along the same lines, does anyone know if the Big Rock Drums EZX or the Seventies Rock EZX are available in expanded version as an SDX pack? Or, if not, are there any plans to do so? Thanks!

No, they do not have any expanded versions SDX:s. And as far as I know there’s no need in plans to develop it.

custom writing

Michael
    Participant

Just doing a little cleanup (please feel free to add/correct the list):

• Jazz EZX < Roots SDX

• Jazz EZX < Jazz SDX

• EZdrummer < S2 Avatar

+++++

• Big Rock Drums EZX = No SDX Equivalent

smithclarkson001
    Blocked (Banned)

This seems like it should be a simple question but I am just still looking for clarification. I currently have SD 2.3 and am awaiting arrival of NY Vol. 2. I am looking to expand and see that for some of the EZX sets there are similar SDX sets (i.e. Nashville and Music city, Metal Machine and Metal Foundry).

What are the major differences since the SDX are approximately $100 more expensive?

Are the EZX sets a good way to get additional kits into my library or are they somehow not as good as SDX?

For example, I am intersted in the POP! EZX and there doesn’t seems to be an equivalent SDX. Is there anything about ezx functionality in SDX that I need to be concerned with? Thanks!

John

Just doing a little cleanup (please feel free to add/correct the list):

• Jazz EZX < Roots SDX

• Jazz EZX < Jazz SDX

• EZdrummer < S2 Avatar

+++++

• Big Rock Drums EZX = No SDX Equivalent

You added Jazz EZX twice and a Jazz SDX I haven’t heard of 😉

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

John

What are the major differences since the SDX are approximately $100 more expensive?

EZX:s are usually a tenth or less (from a quick guesstimate) of the size of it’s SDX, so naturally there is more content.

You have more available instruments and articulations, microphones and bleed. In short.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Hi everyone.

I’ve read that INDIEPENDENT SDX comes from the same session of INDIE FOLK, only with more drum kits, instruments and grooves.

So we could add it on the list, right?

• INDIE FOLK EZX < INDIEPENDENT SDX

zvenx
    Participant

This is one of my biggest confusions with buying packs for SD3.

Has there been and EZX that later was released as part of an SDX?

Clearly I prefer to buy them as SDX’s but since afaik there is no upgrade price if I bought the EZX then an SDX of it came out, I would prefer not to go this route?

Or is it safe to assume that any EZX that is part of an SDX it will come out as an SDX first?

And if it doesn’t (like UK Pop for instance, or Action or most specifically for this post Kicks and Snares)  it is unlikely to come out as an SDX ever?

Thanks

rsp

Nuendo 5.5 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows 7|64 SP1 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad | Cubase 6.5 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.8 | 3GB | NI Komplete Audio 6

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.