Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Multi-out channel mapping not stored as part of the configuration

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

When you set up a multi out project, there are two parts of it.

• The first part it the project itself, where all the settings in the SD3 plugin is saved. This includes the changes in the Mixer tab, routing mics and buses to different Output channels. All this is saved in a project (or Preset) file.
    • The second part is the routing of the hardware outputs, which is accessible in the standalone. This is done in Settings / Audio/MIDI Setup. When you change something here, it is saved so that the next time you open the standalone, these settings should be the same.

So if you do some changes to the project and save it, do some changes in the output routing in Audio/MIDI setup and close SD3. Open SD3 again and load the previously saved project. Now everything should be as it was before you closed SD3. If not, what are the differences?

Ps. make sure you are using the latest version of SD3 (v 3.1.2), to avoid already fixed bugs

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• This post was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Henrik.
    anmuelle
    Participant

Hi Henrik,

thanks for your input (I’ve updated SD3 from 3.1.1. to 3.1.2). Unfortunately I was not precise enough with my question.

When practicing with the eDrums, I do not want to fiddle with the laptop all the time and therefore I just put the laptop in enery saving mode (keeping SD3 open) and switch the Audio-Interface off. When playing drums next time, I first switch on the Audio-Interface and then wake up the laptop from enery saving mode (the USB port is still powered during enery saving mode).

SD3 is of course still open after waking up the laptop, but it displays a message “Audio device inactive – check your audio device” with a direct link to the Audio/Midi Setup. In the Audio/Midi Setup menu everything appears exactly as it was before putting the laptop to sleep mode – including the out channel mapping to the 6 out channels (and all settings in the Audio Interface specific ASIO driver settings also seem to be preserved). However the audio interface cannot be used because it is sees as “inactive” by SD3. Only when I switch to the Audio Interface ASIO Driver menu (and even don’t change anything there) the apply button is getting active (on SD3 Audio/Midi Setup menu side) and when I use it, the Audio Interface is seen as active again, but the Out Channel mapping in the Audio/Midi Setup menu is reset to use channel 1/2 only.

The Audio Interface I use, is an ESU U86 XT, but I got the same effect with different Steinberg, Roland and Tascam Audio Interfaces that I had tested regarding their latency – which makes me beliefe this is something to be fixed on SD3 side, rather than in the Interface specific ASIO drivers.

Thanks and best regards,
    Andreas Mueller

Henrik
    Participant

Ok, I think understand this problem now. Would a “Try again” button on the “Audio device inactive – check your audio device” popup fix your problem? That button would try to use the same settings as the last time it worked, in your case using the last used audio interface, with the last used multi out settings?

Toontrack

• This post was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Henrik.
    anmuelle
    Participant

Hi Henrik,

yes, I think the “Try again” button, that you are suggesting would be perfect.

I assume the SD3 software just does not consider the case that the laptop might have been in sleep mode in between and does the Interface initialization only upon SD3 startup, or when applying changes in the Audio/Midi Setup or ASIO driver menu (which is the standard case).

I don’t know and understand the exact reason, why SD3 looses the out channel mapping when I reinitialize the Audio Interface via the ASIO driver menu explicitly/manually. But nevertheless I think the proposed solution with the “Try again” button might solve the issue, anyways.

This doesn’t sound to be too complex to implement. Any idea, when such an improvement could be delivered?

Thanks and kind regards,
    Andreas Mueller

Henrik
    Participant

Thanks for the anwer.

I can’t give you a time estimate on this, or almost any features for that matter. Toontrack can’t tell you guys when certain features will be added, since it’s far more complex than to just implement the feature and release the new version. But we work as fast as we can, thanks for your patience!

Toontrack

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.