Free EZX with EZ Drummer 2 purchase question

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Ninya
    Participant

Is there a coupon code that can be used to fulfill this offer? If you upgrade to EZ Drummer 2 today you will get a FREE Expansion pack. How does this offer work?

Mac Mini Server (Mid 2011) - 2 Ghz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB
    Superior Drummer 2
    Pro Tools 12

Ninya
    Participant

The only way that I could get this to work was to “pretend” like I was adding the regular $179 (non-upgrade) version of EZ Drummer 2 to the cart. A window popped-up allowing me to select which free EZX expansion that I would like to include with my order. This option was not available when selecting the EZDrummer 2 upgrade option for $99. Perhaps this is by design. Hopes this helps someone out there.

Superior Drummer 2
    Pro Tools 12

ccornel_1
    Participant

So I just purchased the product and didn’t get any prompt to select a free expansion pack. My question is how do i get that free expansion pack? Do I need to do something else or contact customer service?

danny.tomic
    Participant

Hello, I just did the same thing – ordered EZ DRUMMER 2 and registered it – but I have no idea how to get the free expansion .. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ninya
    Participant

This offer seems only valid for first time purchasers of EZ Drummer 2. So it looks like all of us owners who are upgrading from EZDrummer 1 do not qualify for the free EZX offer? Bummer : (

Superior Drummer 2
    Pro Tools 12

Najima
    Participant

The offer is a little misleading, I am dissappointed, too. I´d upgrade only if a free EZX was included:

Scott

So, the full EZD2 + 1 free EZX deal is $179US on the Toontrack webshop.

If you purchase the Upgrade for $99 and buy an EZX at the 40% discount currently running ($53) you get EZD2 and an EZX for $152.

In addition, you can shop around the internet and find the EZD2 upgrade for $89.99 and EZXs for $39.99 ($129.98 total).

I don’t see the problem.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mathias Hermse
    Participant

Hello Scott,
    I think it is not a good incentive for those who have supported your business in the beginning to give the benefit of the free ezx to the sole newcomers.
    I am not happy with this move (especially when, at the same moment, you announce that the upgrade path to EZD2 will no longer exist after January 1st 2016).
    Finally I think that you example is not correct if the chosen free EZD expansion is post-rock or hip-hop that are not on sale.
    Regards,
    Mathias

Scott

@Mathias said:

Hello Scott,
    I think it is not a good incentive for those who have supported your business in the beginning to give the benefit of the free ezx to the sole newcomers.
    I am not happy with this move (especially when, at the same moment, you announce that the upgrade path to EZD2 will no longer exist after January 1st 2016).
    Finally I think that you example is not correct if the chosen free EZD expansion is post-rock or hip-hop that are not on sale.
    Regards,
    Mathias

You’re right, I’m sorry, the Post-Rock EZX, the Hip-Hop EZX, the Southern Soul EZX and the just released Progressive EZX are not on sale. 23 other EZXS are on sale, but not those few. I apologize.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mathias Hermse
    Participant

In this case, to upgrade (79 €) and purchase of EZD Expansion that is not on sale (69 €) is more expensive than to purchase a brand new EZD2 + free expansion (139 €). A nice loyality reward, indeed.

Scott

@Mathias said:

In this case, to upgrade (79 €) and purchase of EZD Expansion that is not on sale (69 €) is more expensive than to purchase a brand new EZD2 + free expansion (139 €). A nice loyality reward, indeed.

I’m sorry you feel so slighted by Toontrack’s current sales. They have, in the recent past, had EZD2 Upgrade deals (get a free MIDI pack when you purchase the upgrade). Not every sale befits every user.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mathias Hermse
    Participant

Dear Scott,
    Thanks for your answer.
    I do not feel so slighted by Toontrack’s current sale but by Toontrack’s current policy.
    I think that the conjunction of end of sale for the upgrade (that still gets stuck in my throat and that is unusual compared to your competitors) and the exclusion of the upgrade from this sale the same month gives a strange message to the owners of EDZ 1.
    I am really interested in buying the post-rock expansion that sounds extremely good.
    I need EZD2 to use it even if I do not need its new features. Okay, I understand.
    So the cheapest way would be to buy a new EZD2 license? Nonsense.
    To wait for another sale that applies to upgrades is impossible as I will be soon considered as a new client (after January 1st, 2016).
    To have an incentive to upgrade from Toontrack (even with the exclusion of the not on sale products) would have be great for loyal EZD1 users.
    I therefore feel more the stick than the carrot in Toontrack’s approach.
    So be it.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Regards,
    Mathias

danny.tomic
    Participant

@danny.tomic said:

Hello, I just did the same thing – ordered EZ DRUMMER 2 and registered it – but I have no idea how to get the free expansion .. any help would be greatly appreciated!

FYI – I contacted support and they sorted me out! Very responsive and professional.

Patrick Quinn
    Participant

I ordered ez drummer 2 but received no way to get a coupon code for my free ezx. Can you provide that for me please.

Also, is EZ Drummer 2 a 32-bit program? I was astonished that a product so commonly used and considered

highly relevant to the production of music had not been designed to conform to Apple music standards that changed

nearly a decade ago. It is such that I cannot have two instances of EZ Drummer 2 running as plug-ins on two tracks in my

DAW without being shut down!

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the implications of 32-bit vs. 64-bit, but I think it’s pretty self-explanatory

That said, your product is fantastic. The interface is a breeze and it’s integration with my DAW is so ‘EZ’

a young child could get their heads around it.

As finances allow, I will be moving into Superior Drummer.

One last thing: absolute huge kudos for creating the ‘Progressive’ Expansion. Karnivool are the most underrated band

in the world. I think they far surpass their contemporaries who constantly get name checked like Tool,,,,and, well, Tool.

The drum and bass guitar sounds on Themata and Sound Awake still put me on my @ss. And Forester Seville (sp?) produced both

of those unbelievable pieces of art. The gift that man has, and at such a young age (when Themata was released) is just super human.

So, thanks. Great choice. Steve Judd,,,’forget about it’!

John

Hi Patrick,

from what I can see you ordered EZdrummer 2 early 2018, right? I suspect what is discussed earlier in this thread from 2015 is a promo running at that time.

For your other question; Yes, EZdrummer 2 is indeed 64-bit. Unless you run your host in 32-bit mode but that depends on your macOS version and host version.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.