EZ Drummer GarageBand problems

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

What DAW are you using, Logic Pro X?

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Julian_39
    Participant

Hi.  I’m using the latest version of GarageBand.

John

Did you apply the Garageband service update Apple released for using 3rd party plugins? Or do you mean you use other 3rd party plugins?

Did you reboot your Mac after trashing the AU plugins cache?

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Julian_39
    Participant

Hi John,

All software is current (10.3.1) and I cleared the cache and restarted.

I’m able to use third party plugins and use them all the time.  Very familiar with the process.

No matter what I do, I can’t get it to work.

I’ve  attached a photo of what I see.

Thank you

Scott

Hi John,

All software is current (10.3.1) and I cleared the cache and restarted.

I’m able to use third party plugins and use them all the time. Very familiar with the process.

No matter what I do, I can’t get it to work.

I’ve attached a photo of what I see.

Thank you

That looks like the audio effects menu and not an Instrument track. Make sure you’ve created an Instrument track to load EZD2 in.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Julian_39
    Participant

I had tried that and started from scratch after your post. I wasn’t substituting the instrument correctly. When I realized that, it all fell into place.

You correctly noted that I was in the fx area and that put me on the right path.  Thank you!

CHANCE_1
    Participant

I too am having this problem. I have ezd loaded in garage band, but when I tap on the drums, there is no sound. When I use EZD as a standalone and tap the drums I “do” get the sounds

karliosis
    Participant

Yep me as well what is this solution please help.. I can record the midi notes but no audio in playing and once played back after recording?

Scott

Yep me as well what is this solution please help.. I can record the midi notes but no audio in playing and once played back after recording?

Can you be more specific with the problem? There seems to be multiple “reasons” for not being able to get EZD2 to work as a plugin in Garageband.

-You need to apply the Garageband service update Apple released for using 3rd party plugins. Not sure if that’s still applicable in 2021.

– You need to load EZD2 in an Instrument Track and not as an FX plugin.

Not sure which solution will work for you. Have you tried either of those solutions? Can you give more info on what you’ve tried and what’s not working?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Marc.Coen
    Participant

EZ Drummer 2 was working perfectly for me a week ago and all of the sudden there are no sounds from the track using the ez drummer plug-in. Also the ez drummer browser, drum set,  or mixer won’t make sounds either. Crazy (and in the way). What’s up wit dat?

mattwhitneymusic
    Participant

Hi there! I am also unable to load EZDrummer in Garageband.

Is there perhaps a video example of how to load it in as a plug in etc?

Thank you!

John

Hi,

what have you tried from the instructions earlier in this thread?

Are you looking for EZdrummer 3 among the AU Instruments?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.