Cubase 9.7 wont find Superior drummer as a VST

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott

Can you open the S3 in standalone? Can you verify the install path from the Help menu in S3 and make sure that Cubase is set to pick up that plugin path?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

fotzey
    Participant

I found the problem… The .dll file was in Common files/VST3 .. not in Program Files/VST Plugins. Once i assigned the path, it worked perfect! 😉

vhmike
    Participant

hi,just bought sd3, i use cubase ai le element 9,sd3 work’s fine as a stand alone, but wont show in cubase.Dont no what to do since i am not a computer programmer,i also bougth a amplitube max from ikmultimedia and it was recognise right away in cubase.You should maibe think of a way to make you’re program be recognise by recording software as a vst instrument.By the way the sd3 sounds is truly amazing can’t wait to record .

thanks

Scott

hi,just bought sd3, i use cubase ai le element 9,sd3 work’s fine as a stand alone, but wont show in cubase.Dont no what to do since i am not a computer programmer,i also bougth a amplitube max from ikmultimedia and it was recognise right away in cubase.You should maibe think of a way to make you’re program be recognise by recording software as a vst instrument.By the way the sd3 sounds is truly amazing can’t wait to record .

thanks

What is the install path of the plugin in S3 standalone? It is displayed in the Help menu of S3 standalone. Is that same path set in Cubase to pick up the S3 plugin? This path sometimes needs to be set manually when plugins install to a location that Cubase is not set to find plugins.

See the link to the Cubase manual below to add a path.

https://steinberg.help/cubase_elements_le_ai/v9.5/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/installing_and_managing_plugins/plugin_manager_window_r.html?hl=path%2Cplug-ins

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

vhmike
    Participant

Hi,Scott,

the sd3 path as a stand alone is   c:\ProgramFiles\commonFiles\Toontrack\SuperiorDrummer3.dll.

I don’t really understand what to do from there, to make it work with cubase.

many thanks for you’re help.Can’t wait for you’re reply.

• This post was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by vhmike.
    Scott

You need to go to Plugin Manager in Cubase and set that path. See the link in my post above for how to do that.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

• This post was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Scott.
    Cooper7
    Participant

Having the same issue in 10.5. Everything was working fine until……..😄

cubase 10.5 was bogging down and I had too many directories trying to operate, pops, freezing etc.

so, I went to Cubase for help and they suggested typing “xcubase on all the files, and Cubase would reset a new directory. Lost all my songs (somewhere) and vsts. Finally got back my NI vsts but SD3 won’t point to Cubase. The stand alone works fine. Opens and plays. I get the path off the stand alone and type it in the Cubase VST manager, path not found. It’s not there.
    I will take pics tomorrow to show what I’m doing.

thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.