Cubase 12 and EZ Keys

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scott

Unfortunately forum techs don’t have a timeline for releases. And if we did, we are under an NDA to prevent us from divulging release dates.

I know I know. That’s a terrible answer because everyone what’s to know when everything will be released before a company announces things, but it’s the only answer we on a forum can give.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

marco davis
    Participant

That was a few months ago now, are we still unable to use EZKeys in Cubase 12?

I hope I am wrong but, after many years of enjoying Toontrack products (and encouraging others to purchase them) I feel my time with Toontrack is coming to an end.  I have had to upgrade to Cubase 12 and now I can’t use Superior Drummer 1 and any EZ Keys plugins.  The Euro 165 for EZDrummer or Euro 375 for SD3 is just so much money.  I really regret this as I have been using Toontrack in almost every piece of music I make.

Olof

That was a few months ago now, are we still unable to use EZKeys in Cubase 12?

I hope I am wrong but, after many years of enjoying Toontrack products (and encouraging others to purchase them) I feel my time with Toontrack is coming to an end.  I have had to upgrade to Cubase 12 and now I can’t use Superior Drummer 1 and any EZ Keys plugins.  The Euro 165 for EZDrummer or Euro 375 for SD3 is just so much money.  I really regret this as I have been using Toontrack in almost every piece of music I make.

Hi,

You seem to be using Windows. There is no problem to use VST 2 plug-ins in Cubase 12 on Windows, you just need to add the plug-in paths.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

marco davis
    Participant

Thank you Olaf for your reply.

I am using Windows, you are correct.  I had read somewhere that Windows was better with Cubase 12 to run Toontrack products but I have not seen enough to show me how or finding a way to do so.

I tried to to use existing paths to access Toontrack products.  I tried creating paths to get directly to Toontrack products.  But without success.

I found that I did not seem to have a VST2 folder in my C drive anymore so I create one and put the EzKeys in there (see picture) then go the plugin manager to search but all of these options did not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, are Ezykays and Superior Drummer 1 both VST2 products?

John

Hi Marco,

I suspect you have mixed up the EZkeys repository with the VST .dll file.

First off, it’s a bad idea to move/copy stuff around manually post installation but hopefully we can get you going.
    Can you still start the EZkeys standalone application?
    If you perform a system search for ‘ezkeys.dll’ how many entries show up and where are they located?

Yes, both products are VST2.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

marco davis
    Participant

Thank you John for your reply.  You have given me some hope.  I did copy rather than move so I deleted that file since your message.  It was a case of ‘when nothing is working try something else.’

I can confirm EzKeys and Superior Drummer 1 are both working within my older Cubase 9.  I have run the Toontrack Solo 64 and the drums worked fine but I couldn’t see the Ezkeys within that tool to test it.

I have searched for ezkeys.dll as requested and there is only one file in the c drive.  I have included the other Toontrack files in this location.  Please see the photo for full location information.

• This post was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by marco davis.
    John

Hi Marco,

EZkeys has its own 64-bit standalone application, which you should find among your applications, probably in Program Files\Toontrack.

What puzzles me is why you have the .dll file(s) in a folder in Common Files.  when the default install path of the 64-bit plug-in(s) on 64-bit Windows is:
    C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack

Please see this FAQ: https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-set-the-path-to-my-toontrack-plug-in-in-cubase/

The paths set in your Cubase VST 2 locations all point to “regular” locations, while the Common Files location isn’t one.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

marco davis
    Participant

Thanks John.  I can confirm the stand alone application EZKeys64.exe works fine.

Are you suggesting I should delete the Toontrack files I have shown you and reinstall them?

I cannot remember why the files are in the location they are, but they have been working fine until now.

John

Well, normally I would advise to uninstall them and re-install them (the VST .dll’s not sounds/MIDI) to the Default locations but if you say they work as expected except in Cubase, maybe you should simply add the ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Toontrack\’ path to your VST 2 paths in Cubase?

I’ll ask a colleague to check this thread if he finds any problem with going that direction.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

marco davis
    Participant

That worked! Thanks John.  I am very happy to have those plugins up and working again.  Turned-out to be pretty simple in the end but I was ready to give up so thanks again.

The only things is, the size of the font on the plugins is very small.  To say size 1 font would exaggerate how large it is. 🙂  Any idea how I might be able to make it a bit bigger?  It works and I can work it but…a little larger would be nice.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.