Assigning MPD18 pads to EZDrummer2 sounds/notes

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • gjryan
    Participant

I have an ableton push 2 and would like to assign the pads in a way that mimicks a right handed drum set plus it would be good to have the ability to assign two pads next to each other to do rolls on a snare drum or assign two of the same toms next to each other to do the same.  Also on the midi controller keyboard the toms play from low to high instead of high to low the same on the push 2.  How does one customize the pads so that they can easily be played by finger drumming?  I do not see any settings in either to make it happened. Is there a trick in Ableton EZ drummer to solve this?  Is there a 3 party software that allows you to customize the pads in push2 and ableton to make it happen?  Its making finger drumming difficult as is.

Oldfartsurfer
    Participant

I am also having trouble assigning pads on my Akai MPD218. Since I purchased it used, Akai is no help. Following youtubes, it just doesn’t happen on my Mac. 2017 IMac, btw. 10.14. Hoping you guys or Toontrack people can get me headed in the right direction. The link listed above seems to be all about using another program (not EZDrummer). Any help?

John

Hi,

there are downloads and documents at the bottom of this product page:
    https://www.akaipro.com/mpd218

This should make it possible for you to create your own preset with the MPD218 to use with EZdrummer 2.
    If you click the EZdrummer 2 Menu > About Sound libraries > ‘Library’ > MIDI Layout, you will see which sounds are on which key.

I hope this helps,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Oldfartsurfer
    Participant

Thanks for chiming in, John. Unfortunately no help. I had already downloaded the MPD218 Editor. The midi note numbers in the MPD218 don’t match the notes in EZDrummer2. Note 36 (C2) should be the kick, it’s a sidestick, note 37 (C#2) should be the sidestick, it’s the kick, and so on. Since the kick in the Nashville kit is listed as C1 under details, I set the MPD to 24, which is C1 on the MPD. It’s still the sidestick. Pretty frustrating. It does seem to work with very little latency. Please chime back in if you think of anything.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.