Superior & Yamaha DTX502 Cymbals AfterTouch??

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • John

Hi,

E-drumming and choking by Aftertouch should be set up when you select the Yamaha E-Drums MIDI Preset in Superior 2.4.3.
    Aftertouch is a MIDI Message and not a note but it is tied to a note.
    Some hosts filter certain MIDI messages, like Aftertouch, by Default.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ObscureName
    Participant

HI John,
    It doesn’t seem to be working for me when I use the preset, there’s quite a few things out of place actually.
    Is there a list of Yamaha kits it has been tested with?

3-Key-Aftertouch ; B, C# & G these are the MIDI notes relating to the crash, could you explain how I can manually map this to function with the cymbal choke?

Also(this is not a big issue whatsoever) the DTX502 module supports pre-choke, would this be possible in SD?

Thanks

Adam

ObscureName
    Participant

@John said:

Hi,

E-drumming and choking by Aftertouch should be set up when you select the Yamaha E-Drums MIDI Preset in Superior 2.4.3.
    Aftertouch is a MIDI Message and not a note but it is tied to a note.
    Some hosts filter certain MIDI messages, like Aftertouch, by Default.

This here is a stupid answer, it is exactly what the manual tells you, Swiss ADMIN JOHN can you help more than a regurgitation, nearly a month waiting for a reply now.

Where is the customer support here, there seems to be a lot more peer to peer help going on here, and the admins seem to only have “instruction manual” style answers.

DO I have to go to BFD3 for a decent experience?? BFD3 is simple to use, and all round a bit cheaper, the only reason I’m even humoring Toontrack right now is that it was gifted to me. If I can’t get a little help with something so simple I’ll be returning this gift with a strong message which will be reverberated throughout my lessons with students interested in this tech, and correspondence on this issue in the future.

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

This is not a forum we offer support in. This is an open forum for discussing
    E-drum kits in general.

If you want support for our products you have to post in the
    relevant support forum. In this case http://www.toontrack.com/forum/superior-help/ .

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

ObscureName
    Participant

@Olle said:

This is not a forum we offer support in. This is an open forum for discussing
    E-drum kits in general.

If you want support for our products you have to post in the
    relevant support forum. In this case http://www.toontrack.com/forum/superior-help/ .

Hey Olle, I don’t have permission to go to that page for some reason?

I tried to search for it in the forum structure but couldn’t find it….how do I access it???

Also as far as support goes, I’ve been told a few places I’m “Supposed” to ask. Lets hope regardless of where I ask, there will end up being some useful info that ALL your IRL Drummers can benefit from, there is a massive lack of instruction and/tutelage with this application for Drummers, I’m sure there are other professional drummers out there using this with electronic kits and getting great results! I’ve just never seen them. Hopefully some of those users can come along here and show their process. There’s only a couple of major elec drum manufacturers so it shouldn’t be asking that much to see a full setup of say ROLAND, YAMAHA, ALESIS, mebbe KAT, or even instruction on some of the intricacies of cymbal articulation,fades, mutes, mapping (and not layering,that is so easy and stupid to show people!)

ObscureName
    Participant

BTW your answer is so annoying JOHN, I’ve checked your posts and it’s what you nearly always open with, that and two other questions, so you’re reading from a script to give community help? just gives the forum that OH GREAT someone GOOGLED IT look..

IF this is a community forum….where’s the community….

Scott

If you can’t access the Support Forums, it’s likely due to you not having any products authorized to your account.

If you have authorized products, they must be registered to another account other than the one you are posting from.

To ain access to the Support Forums, see this post and follow the instructions.

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/important-please-read/welcome-to-the-toontrack-forum/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.