Ezdrummer 2 demo w/ e-drums millenium mps 600 (help!)

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

How is it not working – can’t you get any MIDI signals into EZdrummer 2? When you hit the drums, does the MIDI in light up on the bottom right corner?

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

John

Hi,

you are not specifying what isn’t working; is there no sound at all or is the triggering off?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

simsim
    Participant

The problem is that there is no triggering, the MIDI in doesn’t light up.
    I followed the procedure of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrk0gvOW18U.

John

So,

if you made sure your MIDI In Device is checked in Settings>Audio/MIDI Setup, you really should get the MIDI In to light up when playing.
    Do you have any means to check if there is any MIDI coming thru that cable? Any DAW/Sequencer at all that can record/register incoming MIDI?
    What happens if you just switch the cable(s)?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

simsim
    Participant

Well I have downloaded Reaper demo for the occasion , but actually each time I open it there is an error message “the following MIDI inputs could not be opened: USB2.0-MIDI”, would that be the problem?
    Nothing changes when I switch the cables.

John

Well,

there clearly is something wrong with your MIDI to USB interface. You need to sort that out before you can demo EZdrummer 2 with your e-kit.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

simsim
    Participant

Hello everyone,

The problem was indeed due to my cheap midi device. I’ve ordered the Thomann one (Prodipe) and now it works great. My only disappointment is that there’s no way to play with Asio4all and to play something on Chrome or Media player etc. So I have connected my phones to both my computer and my module (to play songs there), and the sound coming from ezdrummer 2 is less powerful and requires adjustments. But well I guess it’s another topic! Thanks for the good advice anyways.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.