Setting up Cockos Reaper
EZdrummer 2 MIDI Out function requires Reaper version 3 or later.
Before you start, you should make sure that you are familiar with how to operate
Virtual Instruments in your host and that you have a copy of YFDS (Your Favorite Drum Sampler) configured for Audio and MIDI playback.
1) Configuring Reaper:
• Go to Reaper’s Options > Preferences > Audio > Playback tab and make sure that ‘Run FX when stopped’ is enabled.
2) Inserting the plug-in:
• Open the Reaper’s FX Browser (click on Track FX icon).
• Click on VSTi tab and drag EZDrummer 2 to the track FX icon.
3) Setting up:
• Drag YFDS to the same track FX icon (it should always be after EZDrummer 2 in the FX chain)
• In EZdrummer click Menu > Enable MIDI out.
• In EZdrummer 2, press Play