Setting up Cakewalk Sonar
EZdrummer 2 MIDI Out function requires Sonar version 8 or later.
Before you start, you should make sure that you are familiar with how to operate Virtual Instruments in your host and that you have a copy of YFDS (Your Favorite Drum Sampler) configured for Audio and MIDI playback.
1) Inserting the plug-in:
• Open the Synth Rack and insert EZdrummer 2 as a VST
• Make sure you select the ‘First Synth Output’ option
• Still in the Sonar Property box enable MIDI Output
2) Setting up:
• Insert YFDS, complete with Audio Outputs and Source MIDI track
• Set the Input of the MIDI track assigned to YFDS to EZDrummer 2
• Ensure that Input Echo Monitoring is enabled as appropriate
• In EZdrummer 2 click Menu > Enable MIDI out.
• In EZDrummer 2, press Play