New York Studios Vol.2 SDX
The New York Studios Vol.2 SDX was recorded by engineers Neil Dorfsman and Pat Thrall together with drummer Nir Z. It contains unique drums sampled in two of the most heralded drum rooms and notable New York studios ever: the Allaire Studios and The Hit Factory. These two landmark facilities have hosted the who's who of popular music for decades – anything from David Bowie to Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, The Rolling Stones and Paul Simon. Since the recording of these sound libraries however, both studios have tragically closed their doors to the public and thus, the legacy of their signature sound lives through their respective body of work, but now also vicariously through these very drum recordings.
The New York Studios Vol.2 SDX is divided in two separate libraries, one for each studio. In total, it comes with 13 snare drums, seven sets of toms, seven kicks and a wide assortment of different cymbals – all sampled in extreme detail and showcasing the incredible sonic qualities of these two rooms.
The room at Allaire Studios was ambient, reverberant and almost church-like in its construction. The dense wooden walls and ceiling produce a warm and natural reverb that give the drums a clear character without being too loud or taking over. The room at The Hit Factory also had a large, wooden and meticulously crafted room, producing a very rich and characteristic natural reverb.
The New York Studios Vol.2 SDX presents the essence of big drums recorded in big, sonically perfect rooms. Still, with Superior Drummer's built-in sound shaping tools, you have the power to sculpt the sound you always heard in your head. Ambient, tight, slick, loud, dampened – the canvas is blank. Start creating.
• Recorded by top engineer/producer/drummer team Neil Dorfsman, Pat Thrall and Nir Z
• Two now closed down studios in one SDX: Allaire Studios and The Hit Factory
• 13 snares, seven (7) sets of toms, seven (7) kicks, a wide selection of cymbals
• Included MIDI library played by drummer Nir Z
New York Studios Vol.2 SDX - product details
• Gretsch 18x22"
• Gretsch 50s 14x20"
• Ludwig 14x24"
• Ludwig 14x24" softer beater
• Ludwig 16x22"
• Slingerland 14x26"
• Black Beauty 1940s, 6.5x14"
• Ludwig 5x15" Metal
• Ludwig-Wood Vintage 1930s, 7x14"
• Rogers Dynasonic, 5.5x14"
• Ludwig Supraphonic, 6.5x14"
• Ludwig Supraphonic Low Tuned, 6.5x14"
• Top: Sabian HH Extra Thin Crash 16" / Bottom: Sabian HH Duo Crash 16"
• Ludwig 1962 11x13", 16x16", 16x18"
• Ludwig 1962 10x12", 14x14", 16x16"
Cymbal Setup 1:
• Position 1: AAXplosion 21"
• Position 2: AA Prototype 18"
• Position 3: AAXplosion 21"
Cymbal Setup 2:
• Position 1: HHX Xtreme Crash 19"
• Position 2: HHX Xtreme Crash 18"
• Position 3: Legacy Ozone FX Cymbal 20"
• Position 4: Ride Sabian Prototype 22"
• GMS SE Blue Sparkle, 14X24"
• GMS SE Blue Sparkle, 18X22"
• Ludwig Black Beauty, 6.5x14"
• Ludwig Brass Shell, 6.5x14"
• Trick, 6.5x14"
• GMS Maple/Ash Shell, 6.5x14"
• GMS Maple/Ash Shell (tuned high)
• GMS Blue, 5.5x14"
• GMS Wood Shell, 6.5x14"
• Sabian Evolution HHX 14"
• Sabian Groove HHX 15"
• GMS 9x10", 10x12", 14x14", 16x16" with coated heads
• GMS 9x10", 10x12", 14x14", 16x16" with clear heads
Cymbal Setup 1:
• Position 1: Sabian HHX Evolution O-Zone Crash 16"
• Position 2: Sabian HHX Evolution O-Zone Crash 18"
• Position 3: AAX Explosion Crash 21"
• Position 4: Sabian AA Thin Crash 17"
• Position 5: Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash 18"
• Position 6: Sabian HHX Evolution FX Crash 18"
Cymbal Setup 2:
• Position 1: Sabian HHXtreme Crash 19"
• Position 4: Spock 18" / 20"
• Position 5: Sabian Manhattan Crash 16"
• Position 6: Sabian HHXtreme Crash 18"
• Position 2: Sabian HHX Evolution Ride 20"
• Position 4: Sabian Sg Series Ride 22"
All sounds played and produced by Nir Z, Neil Dorfsman, Pat Thrall and Mattias Eklund at Hit Factory, NY and Allaire Studios.
MIDI library performed and recorded by Nir Z.
Original concept: Mattias Eklund, Erik Phersson, Fredrik Thordendal and Olof Westman.
Sound editing: Mattias Eklund and Fredrik Thordendal.
MIDI editing: NirZ, Henrik Kjellberg and Nils Eriksson.
Configuration manager and head of testing: Rogue Marechal.
Art director: Fredrik Ärletun.
Interface design: Fredrik Ärletun, Mattias Eklund and Erik Phersson.
Photography: Mattias Eklund.
Superior lead programmer: Olof Westman.
GM Extended map and MIDI configuration: Rogue Marechal.
Web and database programming: Daniel Dermes and Andreas Frost.
Market strategist and head evangelist: Andreas Sundgren.
Betatesters (to whom our undying gratitude goes): Kevin Afflack, John Alcock, Damian Blunt, Chuck Butler, Philippe Decuyper, Chaim Goldman, Scott Griggs, Brad Holland, Svein Hyttebakk, Mark King, Emmanuel Lorant, Keith Lubrant, Harry Maes, Dave Modisette, Murray McDowall, Wilfredo Nanita, John Rammelt, Edward Rendini, Scott Sibley.
The Hit Factory is a trademark registered and owned by Hit Factory Entertainment Inc.