Superior Drummer 2.0 Help – N00B Level Over 9,000

Studio Corner
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Scott

When clicking on the kit pieces in the S2 interface, it will trigger a full velocity hit (127). If your MIDI velocities are less than 127, it will trigger a quieter sample. What are the snare velocities of the MIDI you are sending S2?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Michael_23
    Participant

I wasn’t aware of that. The velocities were all around 80%. I messed around with snare velocities in the midi, but they’re measured in % as where SD has a 0-127 range. Do you know what the measurement is for the velocities in SD?

Regardless though, no matter what I set the midi velocities too, it still doesn’t sound like the snare in SD, even with them being at higher values. It definitely has more “thwack” now, but it sounds like it’s tuned higher, and still lacks the punch and body. Almost like it’s a completely different snare, or lacks the processing that’s going on with the SD preset. Is there anyway to just have the drums in SD completely translate into Studio One, or is SD dependent upon the midi editing in Studio One?

This preset just sounds so awesome to my ears (relatively speaking of course), and I’m just hoping there’s a way to replicate it’s exact sound when I play it back.

Scott

Not knowing what the preset contains, perhaps the preset has stacked X-drums. Can you upload the .s20 file preset so I can take a look at it?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Michael_23
    Participant

Doesn’t appear to be any stacked X-drums other than a hi-hat. I couldn’t attach the file, so I made a dropbox link if that works. I really appreciate the responsiveness!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq1xb5g2pe489qj/danielbergpreset.s20?dl=0

Scott

How do you have tracks in the S2 mixer bussed out to your DAW? The preset has mic channels bussed to either to Bus 1/2 or Out 1/2 with some channels bussed to a Comp bus via the channel Send. Both Bus 1/2 and Comp busses are then sent to Out 1/2.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Michael_23
    Participant

I figured it out, and I feel so dumb.. I always use the electronic snare and kick drum in GP5 cuz they sounds tighter, and I forgot to switch them back to the acoustic sounds. I went back and changed all of the notes, and BAM. Problem solved. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for getting back to me though.

Capo84
    Participant

Hi guys! I have SD2.3 and I have a stupid problem!

So, i use it with pro tools and whan im mapping my drumset it sounds great but when I start programing my song it sounds somhow quiet and like “the drummer” is hitting drums with “half power”… I know this sounds funny but I would be really gratefull if somebody explains what should I do!
    Sorry for my bad english!

Thanx in advance!

John

@Capo84,

if you are “mousing” in your hits in Pro Tools, the Default level is usually something pretty low, like 64 or something.
    You will want to either change this Default value under Preferences and/or change the Velocity by hand per hit. Enable the Velocity lane on the Pro Tools Track View.
    Then you can grab the hits’ velocity handles and change them easily.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Capo84
    Participant

Thanx for your answer but I have changed velocities even to 127 and no change happened at all… :-( In that setup/prferences tab I cant find an option to make things as they should be. Dont know what to do anymore… help guys!

Capo84
    Participant

awwww, i finally got it! Sorry for silly questions and thanx again! ;-)

John

Glad to hear!

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.